Sold My Phantom Pro 3.........Whats Next?

Reaction score
So I sold my P3P over the weekend. That was DJI product # 4. I'm not interested in the Phantom 4, I need something much more travel friendly like the Mavic. Which leads to me my next question. How does the current Mavic camera compared to my sold P3P? What I was hoping for is DJI release the Mavic with the Phantom 4 Pro sensor which has a larger sensor

So I sold my P3P over the weekend. That was DJI product # 4. I'm not interested in the Phantom 4, I need something much more travel friendly like the Mavic. Which leads to me my next question. How does the current Mavic camera compared to my sold P3P? What I was hoping for is DJI release the Mavic with the Phantom 4 Pro sensor which has a larger sensor

How’d or where did you sell it? Currently trying to sell my drone.

My Mavic is a great drone - but I get consistently better pictures / video with my P3P. A Mavic with a P4 Pro caliber camera I would buy in a heartbeat.

Reactions: FASTFJR
The Mavic should produce images +/- comparable to the quality from the P3 pro as it's camera is similar.
Compare the physical size of the camera on a P4 pro and the Mavic and you can see that it might be a long wait before the Mavic gets a 20MP camera.

Reactions: FASTFJR
The Mavic should produce images +/- comparable to the quality from the P3 pro as it's camera is similar.
Compare the physical size of the camera on a P4 pro and the Mavic and you can see that it might be a long wait before the Mavic gets a 20MP camera.

Thanks, yea I know it would be a tight fit, I'm only dreaming

It is a tad quieter. Not as quiet as DJI falsely claims, but we’re used to that from them. It’s nicer looking, for sure as it should be for the price. I agree with Adjday and if you’re able to build one yourself it’s worth the time and relative difficulty customizing it to your wishes. Just be prepared for a home build that would have few, if any fail safes unless you’re willing to pay the same or more than what you could get out of a Mavic. Wait a few more months someone will come out with something that will give the Mavic a run for its money. Frankly, the cameras are the easiest and least expensive part of the whole package to upgrade. I, for one would be willing to sacrifice a little in size to get a better sensor than what is on the Mavic. If you’ve flown with or used the larger sensor cams in the P4A, P4P or the inspires it’s hard to even compare the video quality of those vs. the capabilities of the Mavic. If DJI were put the Mavic sensor on the Spark I would have kept my Spark. They apparently had a surplus of Inspire FPV cams which fit oh so nicely on that cute, but fat little Spark. I’d bet DJI’s next move with the Mav is a sensor very close in quality to the P4 if not the same quality. The Phantom V will have to be a HUGE camera jump to get me to consider upgrading because it’s difficult to imagine I would want a bird with more failsafes than the P4A or P4P. But who wouldn’t welcome camera upgrades? It may be awhile as in until the next update, but if I were you if you’d prefer to wait “awhile” you’ll prob have something closer to what you seek next time the lines both get refreshed / redesigned.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures