Soft rubber dampers recommendation?

Reaction score
So I'm trying multiple low cost remedies to help get rid of a slight vibration effect in my gimbal. (not jelly, but vibration).

Can anyone recommend a soft rubber damper? I currently have ARRIS dampers and they are pretty stiff and well made. But I think I need a bit more give in the damper to help absorb the rest of that vibration.

dragonash said:
So I'm trying multiple low cost remedies to help get rid of a slight vibration effect in my gimbal. (not jelly, but vibration).

Can anyone recommend a soft rubber damper? I currently have ARRIS dampers and they are pretty stiff and well made. But I think I need a bit more give in the damper to help absorb the rest of that vibration.

Moongel muting pads for drums, works better than anything for the price, guaranteed.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... PI9ZHw_wcB

dragonash said:

Your vibrations may be caused by wrong PID settings. You might want to dial your settings back. If you tap the camera with a finger and you can induce vibrations that way, it's your PIDs that are off :)

DKDarkness said:
dragonash said:

Your vibrations may be caused by wrong PID settings. You might want to dial your settings back. If you tap the camera with a finger and you can induce vibrations that way, it's your PIDs that are off :)

My walkera gimbal doesnt use software. It's manual adjustments (and I tried adjusting those)

dragonash said:
DKDarkness said:
dragonash said:

My walkera gimbal doesnt use software. It's manual adjustments (and I tried adjusting those)

I'm guessing you have the Walkera G-2D Aluminium Alloy CNC 2 Axis Brushless Camera Gimbal Complete Set for Gopro Hero3 PTZ?
The CG (center of gravity) on that model is putting uneven stress on the dampeners, as far as I can judge from the pictures alone. Mainly compression on the rear and mainly pull on the front. The rear dampeners act as the rotation point. Try adding additonal dampening to the rear behind the rear dampeners? As a PoC, insert a piece of foam between the rear of the gimbal and the phantom fuselage.

DKDarkness said:
I'm guessing you have the Walkera G-2D Aluminium Alloy CNC 2 Axis Brushless Camera Gimbal Complete Set for Gopro Hero3 PTZ?
The CG (center of gravity) on that model is putting uneven stress on the dampeners, as far as I can judge from the pictures alone. Mainly compression on the rear and mainly pull on the front. The rear dampeners act as the rotation point. Try adding additonal dampening to the rear behind the rear dampeners? As a PoC, insert a piece of foam between the rear of the gimbal and the phantom fuselage.

Well, believe it or not, the gimbal died.
The vibrations could have been a result of the motors starting to fail or something.

The gimbal was perfect when I first got it. But I ordered a new one. So we shall see

dragonash said:
DKDarkness said:

The vibrations could have been a result of the motors starting to fail or something.

The gimbal was perfect when I first got it. But I ordered a new one. So we shall see

Ok, that sucks :-(

Since it is broken anyway, could you be bothered to take it apart at photograph the parts? I am dying to know what hardware they used, and if maybe the motors or controller board could be recycled :)

DKDarkness said:
dragonash said:
DKDarkness said:

Since it is broken anyway, could you be bothered to take it apart at photograph the parts? I am dying to know what hardware they used, and if maybe the motors or controller board could be recycled :)

are you looking for anything in particular? There isnt much - if any - labeling on the gimbal. And the controller is encased in plastic.

dragonash said:
DKDarkness said:
dragonash said:

are you looking for anything in particular? There isnt much - if any - labeling on the gimbal. And the controller is encased in plastic.

I was looking for dimensions of the motors, connectors and possibly labeling along with weight. Also the layout of the controller and hidden access ports for software calibration.

take a look here (from their website)
http://www.walkera.com/en/admin/js/kind ... /20140123/

tbh, the pictures I take wont be any better than these.
And it looks like they give you dimensions, pictures of the motors and some ports.

this short video helps too

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzfRrhSyOxQ[/youtube]

and here is a break down, with the weight

G-2D gimble is specifically designed for Gopro Hero3 camera by Walkera adoping aluminum alloy CNC frame,brushless motor,high accuracy intelligent electronic control system.
Be utilized to filming and advertising aerail photography etc.
High precise and stable frame design to make sure the camera control accurately during high-speed flying and take the best aerial photography pictures and videos.

Specifications:
1.Gopro Hero3 AV Line out
2.Power voltage compensation available
3.Support motor drive side short circuit protection
4.Support initial roll and tilt customed
5.Support stick rate mode and position mode
6.Regular receiver accepted
7.Operating voltage:DC7.4-28V (recommended 12V,3S Lipo battery)
8.Opetating current:200mA-500mA(depends on the motor power and voltage supplied)
9.Opetating temperature:-15℃-65℃
10.Sensor technology:3-axis MEMS gyro and accelerometer
11.Max angular rate:2000°/sec
12.Max acceleration:16g
13.Frenquency:2000Hz
14.Motor driven frequency:46 KHz(no noise smoothing drive)
15.Control accuracy:0.1°
16.Control range:-45°-45°(roll)/-135°-90°(tilt)
17.Applicable camera:Gopro Hero3
18.Size:100mm*94.5mm*84mm(L*W*H)
19.Weight:120g(Camera not included)
20.Program online update available (UP02 and UP02 adaptor requested)

Features:
1.Easy to assemble,plug and play Agility&Light design
2.United with high intensity,agility and light design,support Gopro Hero3
3.Support with Walkera ilook Camera
4.High performance brushless motor driven
5.High precision, high stability, simple structure and light weight

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members