So I Just Updated the Firmware, Should I be worried

Reaction score
I am a long time flier of the Phantom 2 Plus. Just got the Phantom 3 Professional in today and I stupidly went ahead and updated all of the firmware before checking on this forum....

Should I be concerned? Sounds like a lot of horror stories on here with the new update?

ALSO, can anyone please suggest a good thread discussing the best camera setting in certain light ect...

Thank you!

For camera settings:

Based solely on my experience if you got passed the update and your log files check out you should be ok. My update was not without a significant scare but after that the P3P has been flawless. Make sure you calibrate your IMU, gimbal and compass before your first flight. There are several threads on how to do that proficiently. Then go through all your aircraft settings to make sure things are looking the way they should.
Hope all goes well
Below is the link to my update experience.
http://www.phantompilots.com/index....mware-update-"bug-ridden"?.45742/#post-424502

Last edited:
Based solely on my experience if you got passed the update and your log files check out you should be ok. My update was not without a significant scare but after that the P3P has been flawless. Make sure you calibrate your IMU, gimbal and compass before your first flight. There are several threads on how to do that proficiently. Then go through all your aircraft settings to make sure things are looking the way they should.
Hope all goes well
Below is the link to my update experience.
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/newest-firmware-update-"bug-ridden"?.45742/#post-424502
Thank you for your reply and information. Will definitely follow your advice. At the moment though I am having an issue with finishing the update...it's been beeping for 50 minutes...should only take 25 minutes...should I power down?

That's what I had to do (power down). Note the link above to my previous post. It was a scary process as I thought I had totaled the aircraft. All the lights turned off and the beeping stopped. All it was doing was generating do weird gimbal noise.
Based on you initial post, I thought you had already completed your firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl