So how do you guys set and treat your batteries?

10 days here--the max allowed. I have 3 batteries and fly often. I don't worry at all about a battery being fully charged for 2 or 3 days. I would be a lot more concerned about wanting to fly and all my batteries are at 50% because I left them there.

First 10 cycles I fly to 50 percent only. After that is fair game. Leave them dead for weeks after a flight, left them charged for weeks and fly down to almost zero every so often. After almost 200 charge cycles on the m100 I still get 100 percent charge.

First 10 cycles I fly to 50 percent only. After that is fair game. Leave them dead for weeks after a flight, left them charged for weeks and fly down to almost zero every so often. After almost 200 charge cycles on the m100 I still get 100 percent charge.
That's going to be the exception to the rule. I have had less than 20 cycles from LiPO's left after a flight for a couple of weeks without a storage charge put on them, cells puff kept at full charge for a few weeks of weeks and lost a strong battery in one flight by going just slightly under where the LVC should have been set (RC helis flown hard). My guess is your a regular flyer so a lot of these problems don't manifest (the smart circuitry in the batteries is likely your friend here). 200 charge cycles is great.

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
That's going to be the exception to the rule. I have had less than 20 cycles from LiPO's left after a flight for a couple of weeks without a storage charge put on them, cells puff kept at full charge for a few weeks of weeks and lost a strong battery in one flight by going just slightly under where the LVC should have been set (RC helis flown hard). My guess is your a regular flyer so a lot of these problems don't manifest (the smart circuitry in the batteries is likely your friend here). 200 charge cycles is great.

Haha to add to that yes I would not do this with a regular lipo. But the dji batteries really do most of the work for you otherwise these things would be falling from the sky because of clueless new customers.

Yep! and thats why I will still keep them charged up if they are for the week or so. The long term cool storage will be for the long Canadian winter, I live way up north in Ontario and the temp will drop in the -30 c and -40c for weeks and weeks and never go above the -20c for a couple of months so as these sad days are comming long term storage will be necessary. I will fly my syma indoors for fun and go snowmobilling instead.
Yeah, different story. I didn't realize you were in conditions uninhabitable for man. ;)

Curious to know how many days most folks set their battery discharge rates to? I'm starting off with 2 days for now. Do most leave the low battery at 30% and critical at 10%? I find myself coming back to home station at 30% but still fly around close and usually land around 12-15%. Is this a bad habit to start, perhaps over draining the batteries?

Have not tried it but curious to know what happens at 10%, does the quad automatically land itself no matter where it is or can you override that perhaps once? If so exactly how low can you go, all the way down to 0% or is the 10% there so you don't destroy the battery?
I just stick to the default settings because, I feel if you are far away from your point of take off and need to get back 30% battery should get you back in one piece.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl