So.. does no one sell a roll motor for the DJI P3 standard?

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new here and am search for a roll motor for the dji phantom 3 standard. My brother was flying the drone when he crashed it into a tree, fell from 30 ft and the camera went one way and the drone the other. The only thing that appears to be broken is the roll motor, does any one know of someone who has a roll motor? Ive looked all over the internet for OEM motors but they don't sell them. They sell Yaw and Pitch, but not roll? I think thats a little odd. If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it! - Adam
IMG_6804.JPG
IMG_6805.JPG

There's a member here, @fstoplabs who is either affiliated with or owns the company by the same name.
I looked at their site FStop-Labs
And as you say, they only show the yaw and pitch motors, but why not send him a PM asking if he knows why the roll motor isn't available.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just thinking out loud here but has anyone checked to see if the pitch and roll motors are the same,interchangeable?

That's an excellent question. I just looked at some pics that I took of my gimbal while I was doing a repair, and from what I see, there is the possibility that they are the same.

See this thread...

Roll arm motor

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

How do I remove the motor from the roll arm? Its a tight fit..
Sorry Adam I have not had to do that procedure yet was just giving a suggestion on that part of the thread. Somebody will chime in here

Sorry Adam I have not had to do that procedure yet was just giving a suggestion on that part of the thread. Somebody will chime in here
Thank you sir, I sure hope so, this thing is frustrating me! there is so little information on the roll motor.

Using my pic, you will want to separate parts (A&B together) from part C.
I don't know all the part names, but if you wiggle & pull* the roll arm away from the roll motor, the silver cup (part B) will stay in the roll arm.
They (DJI) press it in, and use some type of adhesive, so it should stay in. (You can see evidence of the adhesive on the outer surface of Part B in the pic)
Once I had (A&B together) separated from C, I had to tap part B out of the roll arm because it was knocked a little crooked in a crash.
Assuming yours is in your roll arm straight as it should be, I'm thinking you can then use that part B with the other parts from the pitch motor.
*Caution!! If your ribbon cable is still intact, it will tear when these parts separate!

EDIT:
In case you dont know, Part C stays attached to the yaw arm. There's 3 small screws under the cover holding it onto the yaw arm.
1f0cd43a599151d4292813c03228f0bf.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl