Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Snap shots but no video

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by jiminyfixit, Jul 14, 2014.

1. jiminyfixit

My rescue P2V will take snap shots but I can't get it to record video on the 4gb card. I haven't used the wifi iphone connection because I don't have an iphone. (yeah, I know, stone age) Snap shot quality is awesome, What am I doing wrong to not get video?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Jim

2. jimre

So you're not using any phone app - are you pressing the camera capture button manually? If so, you might want to read the user manual, Ch. 5 "Preparing the Camera" :

[6] Capture/Record Button (on the bottom of the camera)
    Capture function: Press the button once (less than 2 seconds) to take a single capture.
    Record function: Press the button once (greater than 2 seconds) to begin recording. Press once again to stop.

3. jiminyfixit

Thank you for your assistance!! I thought I read through the camera section pretty carefully, but, age is cruel.
    I AM SO STOKED!!!THIS P2V WAS A WATER CRASH AND AFTER DISASSEMBLING THE CAMERA, IT WORKS GREAT. The only item missing is the capture button, but a small screwdriver or pen refill does the job.

One more question; In the software computer app, version 3.0, I get "Ocm" in the XYZ boxes. Does this mean that the GPS in not functioning? All other data is working well.

Thanks in advance.

Jim