Smart Mode Swiitch on a new P4

Reaction score
Could someone please enlighten me as to how this switch operates. I'm definitely a newbie here, but all of the manuals I can find have no reference to this button, only the previous slide switch. There seems to be no method to alter between A, S, or P. Thanks in advance.

P is your normal mode of flight,GPS is enabled. S is sport mode GPS still enabled but obstacle avoidance disabled you will have greater speed and response in sport, but not good for video.
A is for Atti mode, gps is off, and the craft will drift with the wind in this mode.
Just toggle the switch as desired. Switch is also used in some autonomous modes, toggling from P to S cancels the autonomous function.
It is all explained in the manual.

Thanks for your help, but the particular RC I have doesn't have the slide switch, only a very small silver button.

The buttons on the rear have altered since the manuals were produced, and there has been a sticker added over the switch. I mistakenly thought that this was a push in mode changer, but after removing the sticker (brave wasn't I), I found the toggle. Thanks for your help, and I do feel a little foolish. Cheers.

Reactions: Badgenes
I think the sticker was possibly added to keep you in P mode until you had enough experience to venture further.
Enjoy your new found hobby.

P is your normal mode of flight,GPS is enabled. S is sport mode GPS still enabled but obstacle avoidance disabled you will have greater speed and response in sport, but not good for video.
A is for Atti mode, gps is off, and the craft will drift with the wind in this mode.
Just toggle the switch as desired. Switch is also used in some autonomous modes, toggling from P to S cancels the autonomous function.
It is all explained in the manual.
In the Atti mode, is OA still enables, or will I have to be cautious of it's surroundings as much so as I would with sport?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl