Slow blinking Yellow only!

Reaction score
HI everyone, well got my P2 and wow! what an upgrade from the P1 good job DJI!

Now here is my problem: was flying FPV and hit the tops of some trees it fell about 50 60ft, broke the plastic mount for gimbal and 3 props, but nothing cracked and it starts, but it does not go through the warming up led light process, goes directly to a slow blinking yellow. Now I know blinking yellow is lost signal, but this blink as I said is a slow blink, not the rapid blink when you lose transmitter.

All firmware was just upgraded via (MAC) thanks for making a mac software assistant.
Also when I look at control mode switch under “Basic” RC I see only “Normal Fly” in all 3 positions. Is this normal? I don’t see a GPS mode?

Any help is much appreciated———Thanks in advance!

The slow blink normally indicates that it can't get a GPS lock... it's roughly one blink per second. Twice a second out indicate loss of transmitter.

goldfishrock said:
The slow blink normally indicates that it can't get a GPS lock... it's roughly one blink per second. Twice a second out indicate loss of transmitter.

Thanks, but it doesn't even go through the initial phase of warming up straight to slow blink, but will go out and try it again now.

Same problem, tried a different compass and another gps module.....still only the blinking yellow with the 1 second interval like goldfishrock said :?:

This is not because it's in ATTI mode?
Is the transmitter powered on and bound correctly to the craft?

LeoS said:
This is not because it's in ATTI mode?
Is the transmitter powered on and bound correctly to the craft?
No matter what position I set it at ATTI or GPS, also in the software assistant there is only "normal fly" No GPS mode???
Yes it seems to be bound if I turn it off I get a rapid set of yellow blinks.

see pic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.40.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.40.14 AM.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 570
Er.. That's Phantom 2/Vision mode? I guess ATTI is only relevant in NAZA-like mode.

Could it be that your GPS module got disconnected or damaged from the last crash?

Your in Phantom mode so there's no issue with being in ATTI or something else. Unplug your GPS module and see if it acts differently. I suspect it won't. If it does exactly the same thing, your GPS is not communicating with the Naza.

ianwood said:
Your in Phantom mode so there's no issue with being in ATTI or something else. Unplug your GPS module and see if it acts differently. I suspect it won't. If it does exactly the same thing, your GPS is not communicating with the Naza.

I did that and you are right it does the same slow blink. I did an advanced calibration cycled the power and it now starts and goes through the self diagnostic leds red, green, yellow, but never comes out of it, weird! Now battery is charging will try again soon.

No change :(
I did think also gps is not communicating to the Naza, so I plugged gps into the LED port to see, and still the same.....slow blink yellow!

Is there anyway to reset the Naza or Flash it?

LeoS said:
Could it be that your GPS module got disconnected or damaged from the last crash?

Check physical condition and its cabling & connectors. Borrow a known-working GPS module if possible, to determine if that's the cause of the problem or not.

juche1777 said:
No change :(
I did think also gps is not communicating to the Naza, so I plugged gps into the LED port to see, and still the same.....slow blink yellow!

Is there anyway to reset the Naza or Flash it?

I don't think your Naza needs to be reset. Why would you plug the GPS into the LED port? That's probably some trick I am not aware of. Anyway, it looks like your GPS unit is not sending any position data to your Naza. You may have cracked the antenna.

I plugged the Gps into the Led port on the Naza only to see if the port on board where the Gps goes was bad. It wasn't.

Thinking the Naza is damaged inside.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl