Slightly sticky motor: fly or replace parts?

Reaction score
On my P2V, after a rough landing (tip-over), one motor does not spin as easily as the others. It is not major -- I didn't notice it until AFTER I took it up again, so I can say for sure that it DOES fly without complaint. But when I flick the props, the normal ones will make a couple of spins while the goofy one only makes half a spin. Are there simple diagnostics I can do to learn more, or is that enough evidence to say quit flying till the motor or at least bearing is replaced?

I don't mind learning how to replace parts etc. I'm new to quads but getting hooked.

I'm sure this topic has been addressed but I could not locate the right information despite some searching.

If I'm going to swap out motors or bearings, is there a logical upgrade, or is that hype?

Sure wish I had a big local dealer.

Okay, I'm going to order a set of replacement motors and also a set of just bearings, because I'm in this for the long haul.

I'm trying to gauge how dumb it is to fly a little before replacement of parts. Is this the foreshadowing of a catastrophic failure?

tubino said:
Okay, I'm going to order a set of replacement motors and also a set of just bearings, because I'm in this for the long haul.

I'm trying to gauge how dumb it is to fly a little before replacement of parts. Is this the foreshadowing of a catastrophic failure?

on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not dumb at all, and 10 being I'm so dumb for hitting that blonde in the head with my 3 motor drone.

1[_____________^__]10 about there I think :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl