Slightly bent props... can I still fly?

There are a few differences in the two types. Give and take scenario... All together, in my view I prefer the plastic (DJI genuine (T)) has the best overall performance. Carbon fiber weighs "Slightly more" (weighed on a digital scale) but has a more firm/stable movement. The plastic blades have a lighter ( Slightly) weight, and exhibit a greater smooth/response. Carbon blades will shatter/crack easier than plastic, but a slightly firmer hover has it's desire. Finally............ the sound of Carbon props does have a ever so slight.... "Black ops" cutting essence sound.

2 weeks ago I bought a set of DJI props at Target for $6.00 (U.S.)
Such cheap insurance.
Would you drive your car at highway speeds with old deformed tires?:rolleyes:

"Good afternoon, this is your Captain speaking. Looks like we have a smooth, three hour flight ahead, weather looks good at our destination, so buckle up and prepare for take-off.

Oh, and we have propellors that are a little bent from an earlier crash, but they look ok so we're going to take the chance.

Anyone who isn't confident in that choice is free to disembark now".

Are you buckling or disembarking?

Reactions: Phil56 and DKG13CC
"Good afternoon, this is your Captain speaking. Looks like we have a smooth, three hour flight ahead, weather looks good at our destination, so buckle up and prepare for take-off.

Oh, and we have propellors that are a little bent from an earlier crash, but they look ok so we're going to take the chance.

Anyone who isn't confident in that choice is free to disembark now".

Are you buckling or disembarking?
Don't we get free drinks to help forget the equipment is... (Stewardess, my drink just spilled... are we falling?)

I would never personally fly with anything but props in perfect condition, but a little bending like that would probably just lead to faster battery drainage and decreased performance, because of the difference in lift on either side of the aircraft as it tries to hold its position. As everyone else has said: just spend the $20 over the possibility of spending close to a thousand for a new drone!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT