slight motor vibration the cause of quad vibration?

Reaction score
I've noticed some issues with my P3 vibrating, you can see the vibration in this slow-motion video:

I took all 4 props off, then powered up the motors. I couldn't see any vibrations. I then placed my finger on the outside surface of each of the 4 motors, as shown in this video:

I could definitely feel a bit of a vibration on 1 of the 4 motors. Do you think the vibration I felt with my finger could be a sign of an out-of-balance motor, that is the cause of my P3 vibrating (as shown in the first video)?

Thanks in advance for your insights!
note: disregard the clicking you can hear, i didn't hear the clicking while recording the video, but due to some reason the clicking is audile when i played-back the video.

If you don't notice any slowness of speed or any abnormality during motors running, ignore motors vibrations. They rotate and will produce little vibrations. If vibrations increase with props on, balance them properly using a good tool.

I should mention that the vibrations of the quad started after I had a minor crash

Firmwares 1.5 on the Pro caused vibrations on some P3's.
Upgrade to 1.6 or change vertical gains to 90% in the GO app if you wish to remain on 1.5.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl