Sj4000 fpv setup help

Reaction score
OK for some reason I can't figure this out,I have an original sj4000 and I ordered the USB video out cable that has 4 wires labeled AV+. AV- bat+ bat- I also have a ts5823 video transmitter with 5 wires, the black and red for power. And then a yellow,green and blue, can someone please tell me the correct wire connections I need to make? I can't get any video signal to work

Ok, fist things first... ALWAYS have the antenna connected when powering up the video transmitter, or it will fry and you will need another one!

Red +12v
Black -ground
Yellow is video in from the camera
Blue is audio
Green is video & audio ground

The BLUE one is for audio - isolate this and do not use, unless you want audio.

The yellow lead on the TS5823 goes to the AV+ of the camera.. the AV- will need to go the GREEN wire on the TS5823.

See this for details:
upload_2015-8-20_11-55-25.png

Thanks for the input I appreciate it for some reason the blue on my transmitter is labeled 5 volts out, and the only way I could seem to get it to work is to use the same ground by Power the transmitter with as a grounds for the camera is that strange

Hey monster, no sweat using the grounds for multiple connections. I have my FPV setup the same way. However, instead of cutting off the blue wire and not using it, I use the 5V out from the vTx to power the camera, therefore isolating the battery. It became a real hassle to have to keep up with how many flights I had left in the camera battery and then recharging it at the proper interval so I didn't get the surprise screen "GOODBYE" and then snow, when the SJ4000 batt dies. Now, with the SJ powered by the vTx through the blue wire and the USB to the camera, the cam turns on as soon as I power up the P1.1.1. Hope this helped. Good luck and fly safe...

It works very well, I was very pleased with the way it turned out. But now I think I'm going to go up to a 600mv.

It works very well, I was very pleased with the way it turned out. But now I think I'm going to go up to a 600mv.

Somehow I had the feeling you might :)
I hear 200mW is only good when you're out in interference free areas. Not good for city areas or around any interference.

I also have an Original SJ4000 and I happen to have (among my other Quads) a P1 - v1.1.1
I also recently decided to play around with FPV for the P1 so I bought a 600mW Boscam setup and a circular polarized antenna set and a bunch of other hardware for it. It was all so inexpensive it's almost disposable and perfect for my P1

I'll be hooking all this up next week. I don't expect to have any problems as long as the hardware all works. I'm trying to decide whether I want to draw off the main battery or use a smaller 800 - 1000mAh battery to power the FPV transmitter.

Are you installing this on a P2 ?

Finished installing the Boscam 600mW setup on mine today. Worked great. The stock antennas are garbage. I'm using a set of circular polarized antennas. BIG difference.
TS832 (transmitter) and RC832 (receiver)

Haven't gone too far yet....only about 500ft but perfectly solid video at 500ft for sure.

I'm also using an SJ4000 to record on the SD card and send back the FPV signal....but I noticed that when the SJ4000 is in TV Out mode (required for FPV) it changes the resolution to 720 instead of 1080P.

Not sure if there's a way to use the SJ4000 for FPV and at the same time record in 1080P but I will find out. I have a feeling not. That means I'll get a separate camera for FPV because the recorded video is more important to me than the FPV. Just me.

Last edited:
When the monitor is mounted on my transmitter I get some really wicked interference as soon as I take it off the interference disappears

When the monitor is mounted on my transmitter I get some really wicked interference as soon as I take it off the interference disappears

What monitor are you using?

I read somewhere that if you try to power the transmitter AND the camera from the big main battery that will happen. I'm using the SJ4000's own battery to power itself.

Honestly, I was expecting some interference of some kind. But everything just worked great first try. I got lucky. Channel 38. Did you try other channels? I'm running 2.4gHz on the bird and 5.8 on the FPV....same for you?

Last edited:
Mine stays in 1080p mode. Have you done a firmware update?

No I haven't. Maybe I should.

Only thing bothering me is all the excess cable length. I really need to shorten ALL the cables to make the whole thing neater. My luck, it works perfect now and won't work after I make it neater lol

Ok, fist things first... ALWAYS have the antenna connected when powering up the video transmitter, or it will fry and you will need another one!

Red +12v
Black -ground
Blue is audio

The yellow lead on the TS5823 goes to the AV+ of the camera.. the AV- will need to go the GREEN wire on the TS5823.

See this for details:
View attachment 28067
I Have eachine vtx 03 and I want to use my sj4000 but I don't know how to use the sj4000 as fpv. I am currently using 1000tvl cam but I wanna use sj4000 as fpv with recording

Red +12v
Black -ground
Blue is audio

See this for details:
View attachment 28067
I Have eachine vtx 03 and I want to use my sj4000 but I don't know how to use the sj4000 as fpv. I am currently using 1000tvl cam but I wanna use sj4000 as fpv with recording. It has five wires but am using only 3.
Red and black for powering vtx
Yellow connect to camera white wire 1000tvl. Rest 2 wire cut.

Attachments

• 15281955250351757552632.jpg
    15281955250351757552632.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 377

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen