Signal Strenth...... DBS Mod and alike.

Reaction score
I am not too interested with Range at the moment as I have only had my drone for a little while. (Scared).

I have read about some amazing results with range (DBS mod).

Does this mod also increase signal strength over short distances?? So minimize interference / fly away?? So basically piece of mind. (To an extent?)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am not too interested with Range at the moment as I have only had my drone for a little while. (Scared).

Does this mod also increase signal strength over short distances?? So minimize interference / fly away?? So basically piece of mind. (To an extent?)

Yes it does increase signal strength of both the transmitter and video signal over short distances.

If you don't have the knowledge about antennas don't make any fast decisions. The problem with high gain directional antennas is that you have to point it straight to your bird even if you are 10m away from you. Take this into consideration

The increased range is due to the more directed radiation patterns.

It's the same power but more is pointed towards your 'target'.

Anytime you can increase your signal-to-noise ratio you reduce the possibility of interference by having your control signal stronger than the interfering one(s).

These antenna's don't reduce fly-aways per se because those are attributed to many issues and loss of control signal results in a RTH (unless you don't have good GPS at the same time).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl