Sibling rivalries

Reaction score
I took both my drones (p3s and p3a) out to a nice new area to fly. I sent the standard out first and it ripped off a run of 13,800 feet. The most it ever did before was 8800 over water. That's with a home modified controller (cardboard box with patch antennas).
I sent the advanced out and only made it out 14,100 before battery concerns (47%) caused me to turn around. I think a headwind must have kicked up on the way out. Maybe I'll upgrade my healthy drones account to get that wind info.

Reactions: BigAl07
I took both my drones (p3s and p3a) out to a nice new area to fly. I sent the standard out first and it ripped off a run of 13,800 feet. The most it ever did before was 8800 over water. That's with a home modified controller (cardboard box with patch antennas).
I sent the advanced out and only made it out 14,100 before battery concerns (47%) caused me to turn around. I think a headwind must have kicked up on the way out. Maybe I'll upgrade my healthy drones account to get that wind info.
download uav forecast gives you wind speed at any height you want

Went out again today. Same place. The standard kept turning around at 7000 ft. The advanced went 19600 and bumped into a geofence that was guarding a power plant. Scared the heck out of me.Hightailed it home and got back with 15%.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl