Show off ur moded phantom tricked and pimped

Reactions: Jack1926
Here is my bird. First I dyed the shell with iDye Poly, but didn't care too much for the color. So I was sanding it to paint it and decided it looked cool this way.

1899f929409930ba99cf1295522b5a5a.jpg

Does the CF wrap have any impact on the gps reception? I know with CF frames on helis you have to.make sure the rx antennas extend well outside or you get major dramas.

*(GREAT QUESTION)*

It has NO Impact "What So Ever"!!!

I was worried about exactly the Same thing!! It was my first, and only concern next to Heat Absorption in the middle of the summer time. I'm going to keep an eye out for any erratic Behavior this summer, and you can always choose to go with a lighter Carbon Fiber textured decal color.
I had the same problem when using ACTUAL carbon fiber molded canopies, and frames on my 450 class helicopters in the past. The Good News is that this skin, or decal, whatever you would like to call it, is Actually JUST "Adhesive VINYL", Not ACTUAL Carbon Fiber at ALL:)
You don't have to worry about ANY of the (Density, or Interference) issues, like you would experience with the actual Carbon Fiber Material itself.

I sincerely apologize for not answering your question soon after your post. To be honest with you I didn't see it at the time. I was just scrolling through previous posts looking for some information for a friend of mine, and saw your question, so I wanted to at least reply to you. Not to mention it's a really, really good question, and concern!!! Although I still believe it's best to leave things like your antennas uncovered by anything whatsoever. If you notice the only rap the landing gear on the outside as far as the landing gear wraps are concerned. This leaves the antennas free, and clear to allow just as much reception as possible. If you were to cover them it would be the same as covering them with electrical tape at the very most.

Design your own or off the shelve, try

Make Your Own DJI Phantom 3 Skin | DecalGirl

Final Jersey - St George Illawarra | A Custom DJI Phantom 3 Skin at DecalGirl

My design that I'm about to order.

Huge tip if you are going to design your own is to use a computer and not an iPad and hit next all the time to save your work and rename it so you know what the last saved design is.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is Some "Very Good Advice" to Say The Least!!

Reactions: Roger S
Here is my bird. First I dyed the shell with iDye Poly, but didn't care too much for the color. So I was sanding it to paint it and decided it looked cool this way.

1899f929409930ba99cf1295522b5a5a.jpg

I gotta say, I love the look of this.. If there was a skin that looked like this I would buy it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: NelsonTDI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT