Should I update Firmware?

Yes really need to do both but once again your remote somehow already been updated with 1.9.3,which is current firmware for remote,p4 needs doing,did imu work out or still error,p4 will fly fly with 2 different versions of firmware but might play games so need to do p4 firmware

Okay. Guess I know what I'll be working on trying to figure out when I get home.
This boggled with me all night how remote already updated,that tells me it's brand new and not been sitting on a shelf in the shop for 6 months , why drone not touched unsure ,mayby they leave that for the buyer to sort out ,don't know ,I did mine just with go4 app and OTG cable ,worked straight away,assistant would not conect or let me sign in for some dumb reason so just used tablet to do

I finally sent it back. They are supposed to send a different P4. I'm guessing it will be after Christmas. Probably waiting for this one to arrive and check it out before sending another. The GO app. Always said no updates were needed. If there was a newer firmware wouldn't there have been a red bar across the top saying firmware update needed?

Yeh if new it should get a red one,should say new firmware avaliable, better luck with the next one,at least now you know how things sorta work so keep reading while wait for new one,when you think you know it all read it again,not being rude but keeps info fresh in the head ,then it become second nature when flying,good luck and happy holidays :)

Reactions: BigDinNC
People have been having problems with the updates, causing the DJI GO app to close automatically. I recommend uninstalling the app instead of updating and then reinstall it, this I'm told has been solving the DJI GO app from closing on its own at random times!

Which is the best dji go 4 android version to use with the 1.2.602 firmware?

Hi guys, just got a new Phantom 4 Pro, I checked and it's firmware is V01.01.0203 from September last year, so I am many versions behind the current. Should I upgrade to the current one?

I keep hearing about issues, and my biggest concern is the No fly zone management and Updated No-Fly Zone Management that was listed in the latest 2 firmware updates. I updated Phantom 2 vision plus about 6 months ago and didn't have any issues.

I live in a regional city with a small airport that is hardly used (which I don't intend on going near although having said that the airport is just within 5 kilometres (it's about 4km) of much of my city's population), I am hoping there isn't some crazy thing in these firmware updates that would stop me from flying near that restricted radius etc.

Any help would be great

Upgrade ONLY to the following versions ... any later will mess up the stability of the Drone. The latest updates from DJI only add instability and cause many to have issues, even up to crashing.
Aircraft = V01.03.0509_P4P_dji_system.bin
Controller = GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307.bin

Yip when in genaral settings you got imu and compass calibration just click on compass and do compass dance ,just remember read good before uploading anything,i do app updates depending what it says but still running same firmware from when i first buy nearly a year ago..playstore app 4.1.3,version 01.02.0602 app database 01.00.01.04 and my rc on 1.8.0 ,
I down graded my firmware on the p4 remote from 1.9 to 1.8 and it saw my p4 as a p3p. Stuggled very much to upgrade it again but eventually got it sorted. The firmware to me is very scary.

Upgrade ONLY to the following versions ... any later will mess up the stability of the Drone. The latest updates from DJI only add instability and cause many to have issues, even up to crashing.
Aircraft = V01.03.0509_P4P_dji_system.bin
Controller = GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307.bin
The other advantage of not using newer firmware than 1.3.509 is the option to modify flight parameters. That's huge !

Try 1.3.509 in your P4P and be happy.

P4P I thought. You may be right ... I just looked at the top, but the bottom line is P4 or P4P both suffer from the same demise of DJI's latest firmware releases ... they are buggy as heck and should NOT be loaded until DJI fixs the many issues they caused when loaded in either a P4 or P4P machine.

Last edited:
DJI's Closed Beta has just been advised: Phantom 4 firmware v2.00.700 is available to Testers.
1. Optimizes the flight limitation feature.
2. Fixes an issue where the gimbal and camera might be restarted.
3. Optimizes flight performance and enhances flight stability.​

Do not update to the July 2017 update unless you want a world of pain! Ask me how I know :D

I have used v2.00.600 on my P4 which fixed the [forward flight and hover] instability issues that the July 2017 firmware updated gifted me with.

DJI's Closed Beta has just been advised: Phantom 4 firmware v2.00.700 is available to Testers.
1. Optimizes the flight limitation feature.
2. Fixes an issue where the gimbal and camera might be restarted.
3. Optimizes flight performance and enhances flight stability.​

Do not update to the July 2017 update unless you want a world of pain! Ask me how I know :D

I have used v2.00.600 on my P4 which fixed the [forward flight and hover] instability issues that the July 2017 firmware updated gifted me with.
Any idea if this BETA will also cover the P4P and P4P+ systems? I ask because I have a P4P+ and have NOT upgraded to the latest version because of all of the issues. I am still on '503'.

Any idea if this BETA will also cover the P4P and P4P+ systems? I ask because I have a P4P+ and have NOT upgraded to the latest version because of all of the issues. I am still on '503'.

That very specific beta is for the Phantom 4 only. If you go on to DJI's forum and locate the Phantom 4 Pro+ threads you may be able to request access to the Beta firmware for that particular model. They are all different, do not load P4 firmware on to a P4P+ or anything else!

That very specific beta is for the Phantom 4 only. If you go on to DJI's forum and locate the Phantom 4 Pro+ threads you may be able to request access to the Beta firmware for that particular model. They are all different, do not load P4 firmware on to a P4P+ or anything else!
Thanks ... do you know if they are testing a new version for P4P+?

Yesterday, January 2nd, DJI released on Apple Store the DJI Go4 update to version 4.1.22 for iPhone and iPad.
Let’s see if things learned in Beta 600 are applied here to everybody.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart