Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Should I buy: DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Version 3

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Dmack, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Dmack

Hey guys

I am looking at buying a used DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Version 3 I have one lined up for this weekend

Is this drone still reliable, I have read mixed reviews where the live video / dji vision app isn't working anymore due to updates?

I would get a 3 but the price for this model is much cheaper

Thanks in advance!

2. AzDroner

Don't need the vision app, get the litchi app, much better and free for the P2. Te P2V+ is famous for the wifi module going bad, they are not properly ventilated and heat sunk from dji. New style replacements cost 189.00. When they start to go bad, you loose your view on your phone/tablet device. You still get your telemetry, but no view.
    The problem usually starts out as intermittent, then as damage gets worse on wifi module, no more picture, need new module. I personally like the P2V+ tho, and will stay with it.

Dmack likes this.
  3. Sinisalo

How much cheaper is the Vision + you are looking at? You can get a refurbished Phantom 3 Standard for $419 (USD) with a full warranty:
    Buy Phantom 3 Standard (Refurbished Unit) | DJI Store

Dmack likes this.
  4. Dmack

Thanks alot, think I might stay away from this model, sounds like trouble

5. Dmack

Hey that's quite a good buy, I would have to add another $100 for import costs though
    Tried to buy but they won't ship to my country. That's what I get for living in little old New Zealand

6. Sinisalo

You could just buy the Phantom 3 Standard, not a refurb. It is only a bit more. Buy Phantom 3 Standard | DJI Store

7. Sinisalo