Shooting in RAW but not generating .DNG files

Reaction score
Using the Vision app I set my photo type to RAW and I am still only seeing the .jpg files instead of the .dng files.

(Running PV2 version 3 with latest firmware).

Has anybody else seen this issue?

When I shoot in RAW, it generates both files.

msinger said:
When you set it to raw, it is supposed to also make a jpeg file. What program are you using for editing?

Larry L said:
msinger said:
When you set it to raw, it is supposed to also make a jpeg file. What program are you using for editing?
I am using Adobe Lightroom.

Currently I only see .jpg files when pulling photos from my SD card.

I'm assuming I should see a file on the SD card with the extension .dng when it generates a RAW file?

aseidman said:
I'm assuming I should see a file on the SD card with the extension .dng when it generates a RAW file?
Yes, both files should be on the SD card.

FWIW, I'm using the iPhone version of DJI Vision. I haven't seen any issues with it not working as expected. Maybe double check the setting to ensure it's still set to capture photos in RAW.

Do you see only .jpg files when you use Windows Explorer to look at the SD card?

So, think I figured this out.

The .DNG files are not displayed in the Vision (both iOS and Android).
I see the .DNG files in Mac Finder (PC) when I connect to the camera via USB, but they are not displaying for me in the Vision app. Anybody else able to see .DNG files in the Vision app?

No. The DNG files do not display in the Vision app.

haven't tried on my iphone. Normally the raw images are so big that it probably to big for the phone & vision app to handle. Plus you need a file format module to open raw files. Photoshop, Light room & several adobe products install those modules when you install those products. I have always pulled the card out & pulled the images, videos off the card via card reader.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl