Shipping in phantom s3 to dji for shell crack and gimbal wobble

Reaction score
They want the remote. I obviously have installed the DBS ITElite mod on the controller. Thoughts on sending it in? I dont know how it could void the warranty on the phantom it's self as that is UN-modified. Anyone ship in the controller with the mod to them before? Experiences with it?

yep , just did that exact thing ( I have a thread in P4 about it ) at a loss p4....so far no issues with return process and can't wait to get my bird back....

Reactions: Toddf
Do you have to ship the RC in also? Since it's the AC that needs work.

They want the remote. I obviously have installed the DBS ITElite mod on the controller. Thoughts on sending it in? I dont know how it could void the warranty on the phantom it's self as that is UN-modified. Anyone ship in the controller with the mod to them before? Experiences with it?

You dont need to send in the remote, If only problem with the drone, you actually only need to send the drone. Not Even the battery hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have sent my P3 4k in 2 times and have my TX modded . I only sent the bird and was no issue and was back within the month .
Paperwork says to but I didn't because of the panel on it . Nothing was said .

[ADMIN EDITED] Thank you for your info, I am sending it in tomorrow without out the controller.

P.S this is what I come to this forum for, help and to offer suggestions. Not criticize other posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, i sent my P3S in for shell cracks in September and did not send the remote (they did not request the remote).

When I got it back, it was F'ed for sure. RC signal was in and out even when it was really close and low. It did NOT act like that before I sent it off. I don't know if they do a flight test for a shell replacement, but they might have caught the problem.

I sent the drone back after having it back for a week. THey replaced the central board, controller, and gimbal. Basically, a new drone.

The 2 I sent in showed it they been tested in the link they provided me on status of mine and I know they just sent me refurbs or maybe new .
Marked em to see if they would .
I sent mine to the CA Facility so maybe it's just luck of the draw . I fly long and they do great .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan