Seriously considering a P3S

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm seriously considering buying a P3S. I own a Syma quad. Love flying it and taking aerial videos. I've also had my eye on a Phantom for a little while and the standard just gets cheaper and cheaper on Amazon. It's now very tempting at $500, free shipping and no tax. I may be ready to take the plunge and just came on here to get general advice/tips. I know what the answer is going to be, but is it worth it? Do people foresee the standard getting even cheaper if I wait it out a little longer? This isn't going to drain my bank account by any means, but it's not exactly a small purchase so I'm being cautious. Thanks!

Not off to a good start. Just realized I posted this in the wrong area and cannot find a "delete" button for the life of me. Could a mod please move this when they get a chance?

If you can afford the extra cash I would advise you to spring for the Advanced. I know there are a lot of people who buy the standard and then have buyers remorse and end up spending more modding the controller to hold tablets and extend range then they barely get half the range that the Advanced has stock. If you don't think you will ever fly more than 300 yards away (mine lost video signal at that range in a park) then I would say go for the standard, it takes great pictures. If you want a little more flexibility in your range, a better controller that feels better to hold and has more battery life, then go with the advanced.

Do people foresee the standard getting even cheaper if I wait it out a little longer?
I think it's likely that the price will go back up (since it's currently on sale). Like others are suggesting, you should compare the Phantom 3 models to ensure you're buying the model that'll meet your needs.

FWIW, I own all of the Phantom 3 models. If I could only buy one though, I'd go with the Advanced or Professional (if I needed 4K).

Thanks everyone. I think I understand the main technical distinctions. From a purely practical perspective though, is range probably the biggest difference?

The design of the remote controller is another big difference.

If you can afford the extra cash I would advise you to spring for the Advanced. I know there are a lot of people who buy the standard and then have buyers remorse and end up spending more modding the controller to hold tablets and extend range then they barely get half the range that the Advanced has stock. If you don't think you will ever fly more than 300 yards away (mine lost video signal at that range in a park) then I would say go for the standard, it takes great pictures. If you want a little more flexibility in your range, a better controller that feels better to hold and has more battery life, then go with the advanced.[/QUOJTE]

Just getting ready for the first flight with our (hubby's DJI Phantom3 Standard). Took a bit to Any tips or tricks would be appreciated..:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl