Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Selling on ebay, can you include pics/video or against FAA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rothgarr, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Rothgarr

Howdy,

I'll be putting my Phantom 2 Vision+ up on eBay in the next week or two. In the listing I was going to include pics/links to videos I have done (all non-commercial) but I as wondering if you thought this was against FAA guidelines.

Would that count as commercial? I'm not really making money, I'm selling at a loss. Not sure how it differs from, say, DJI, who has pics/videos on their site and they are selling them.

Thoughts?

2. claws

You aren't selling the pictures or videos.

3. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

You do realize that if ya put links on there to your stuff you are opening the door to a whole lot more folks right ?
    Just saying . :)

4. tcope

I'm not saying that the FAA would go against the OP, however this statement is incorrect. The OP would be using the video and photos to sell something. The same as YouTube generating money _from_ video. They are not selling the video either.

But it's a stretch to say that the video is being used to sell something, it's more like an example of something.

5. Rothgarr

Thanks for the input! It makes sense,Claws, that I'm not selling the footage.

Dirkclod, I hear what you are saying, but it's stuff that's already public on YouTube, like this:

Do you think there may still be a problem?

6. N017RW

7. Rothgarr

One quick follow-up... I couldn't find many ended auctions similar to mine. I was wondering what you thought I should expect to get for mine...

It's a Phantom 2 Vision + Version 2, in addition to the copter and controller it comes with THREE batteries, TWO chargers, prop guards, smartphone hood, petal lens hood, a few extra blades, 32GB storage card, USB card reader, all original box/manuals, etc...

Thanks!

#7 Rothgarr, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  8. msinger

Approved Vendor

I don't think this will be a problem either. DJI does this every time they announce a new product. And, the FAA has not hassled them yet.

9. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Do it in an auction..
    I would take what the least amount you would take for it and add 12 1/2% for the fee's ya gonna have to pay and start it at that and see how it goes . Of course ya got to figure in shipping too or just list it as they pay shipping .
    You can't always get what ya want but if ya try sometime..ya get what ya need ;) EC-Logo.jpg