Sell P4, get Mavic?

Reaction score
my brother in California will buy my P4. I'd like to get the Mavic pro for the portability. I've researched on here and you tube for the differences, is it safe to say that the major difference is the Range and signal strength is better on the Mavic? And The camera about the same as my P4?

The only downside I can see is I can't hook up my HDMI goggles to the Mavic controller. Anything else I should take into account,?

Is anything between the two a night and day difference?

Thanks in advance..... if anybody has a link to a YouTube that actually absolutely nails it , I'd appreciate it , or a thread here.

I own both and actually find I use my P4 more. While they are the same size corner to corner, the Mavic has a smaller profile. I lose LOS at around 600 feet with my Mavic, I can see my P4 out to about 1400 feet.

The Mavic tends to put more warnings on the display than my P4. I get "cold battery" warnings, "High Wind Warning". (Or something like that). I just keep flying and haven't had any issues. No such warnings on my P4.

The P4 remote's device holder can hold a tablet the size of an IPad Air. The Mavic remote can hold an IPad Mini with some effort. But I don't like the position. It's too low, throws the balance of the remote off. I wound up buying a Mavmount which works great.

I heard from the guys my LHS that specializes in drones that while the Mavic is pretty stable in the wind. The camera since its smaller can be affected by wind where it doesn't bother the P4's camera much...

I bought the Mavic due to its small size, as it will fit in my motorcycle top case easily and still have room for other things. BUT its been too cold here to ride anywhere interesting to take APs of.... So the Mavic sits most of the time...

my brother in California will buy my P4. I'd like to get the Mavic pro for the portability. I've researched on here and you tube for the differences, is it safe to say that the major difference is the Range and signal strength is better on the Mavic? And The camera about the same as my P4?

The only downside I can see is I can't hook up my HDMI goggles to the Mavic controller. Anything else I should take into account,?

Thanks in advance..... if anybody has a link to a YouTube that actually absolutely nails it , I'd appreciate it , or a thread here.

I will never change my Phantom 4 with Mavic Pro because I love fly in FPV with my HDMI Walkera Goggle 3. For me is impossible fly only see a Smartphone or tablet.

Reactions: John1960
I was wondering about using an iPad mini4 without an accessory adapter.
Yes, it will fit. As QuadBart noted above though, you might find it awkward to hold the remote controller with the iPad Mini wedged between your arms.

Here are some other potential cons to the Mavic (depending on your use case):
  • The remote controller battery will need to be recharged after 5-6 flights
  • It sits very close to the ground, so you'll want to take off from a flat/clean/dry surface

Reactions: meierjoe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94