Self tightening props on older phantom?

Reaction score
I have the phantom 1 with black and silver nuts, I heard that I could use the self tightening props from Phantom 2, is this correct?
thanks!
/Jakob

How does one go about putting on the new props ? I heard they won't work with factory motors

If your Phantom has black and silver nut pairs, they will spin on without anything additional. If your motors are all cw-tightening, you either need to get non-self-tightening props, or replace two of your motors.

Just screw them on, they are basically the nuts and prop in one. No difference. (Worked fine for me with Phantom 1)

jakester said:
Just screw them on, they are basically the nuts and prop in one. No difference. (Worked fine for me with Phantom 1)

It only works if your Phantom is v1.2 or later. The older ones don't have ccw-threaded prop mounts.

Mine has two black nuts and two silver ones . So they will screw in without issues ?

Also I don't know what version I have . I bought it used from a guy . I was told that on the box it would say the version . Where on the box is it located ?

jaysan said:
Mine has two black nuts and two silver ones . So they will screw in without issues ?

Yep, no issues. When you get the props, you'll see two have silver tops, two have black tops. You know what to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor