Searching for my first real aircraft

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. Found the forum, read some posts and had to sign up.
I have a flown a few drones before,(small amateur ones) now I am searching for my first real aircraft that I can use for both business and pleasure.

I am pretty sure it will be the Phantom 4. Found a bundle for 900 that comes with an extra battery.

Any tips ?

Basically will be using for :
1. Videos at weddings & events (the business part), my wife's family owns a catering company so I am able to reach all of these people and sell this service as an add-on.
2. Amateur photography of upstate ny and just flying fun ;)

If I get the phantom 4 should I use my android samsung phone ? I read somewhere someone suggested getting an ipad / ipad mini to use with it.

thanks,
vic

Welcome Aboard. Just a tip if you haven't researched it yet. You need a Part 107 License to fly for commercial purposes. Other than that. A P4 is a good choice.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

The P4A/P4P have the best available camera. If you're going to be doing commercial work, then it might be the better buy. It might also be the better investment considering that it'll also be a tax write-off for your business.

If I get the phantom 4 should I use my android samsung phone ? I read somewhere someone suggested getting an ipad / ipad mini to use with it.
You can find a list of recommended and commonly used Android devices here.

A lot of people recommend the iPad Mini 4 because it works well right out of the box without any additional tweaking/configuration. You could try your Samsung phone and see how it works since your already own it.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl