SD card

Most people are not using memory cards over 64GB. Some here are using 128GB memory cards though. DJI does not recommend it, but some brands will work.

To be honest, its probably better to have several smaller cards than one big one just in case you have a problem with the card your using.
I had a similar problem with my camcorder last year when the card I was using went faulty on me and I didn't have a spare.

I'm a fan of the multiple smaller cards over the one big one myself. I'm a photographer and hate the thought of loosing a full days shoot of say a wedding because my 128gb card crapped out on me. If you think about it you get a max flight time of say 30min. What's the max size of a file st max resolution for 30min? That's about as big as you really need IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: enborgstrom
What's the max size of a file st max resolution for 30min?
It takes about 1GB of memory to store 2 minutes of 4K video.

Can't emphasize enough the benefit of several smaller cards over or large one. A memory card with enough capacity to last the length of one battery is my opinion of the best size...

I currently have four batteries and four 16GB memory cards... bring the bird back, change the battery and card, send her back out and you've never lost anything more than one flight if something bad happens...

P3S @2.7K video... so 16GB may be a little small for a 4K bird.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I use 2 64s and swap every flight. I download to my laptop every single flight and having two means no waiting. I also don't delete unless I am full--having the original backup is good. I will never cease to be amazed by those micro sd cards----hours of 4K in a chip the size my little fingernail for $30 is not remotely possible by any stretch of the imagination. Uncanny freakish magic is what it is--something a wizard would have in his pocket.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT