Screeching sound in flight ??

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Listen to this video,
What is that screeching sound ??
This is the maiden flight.

Sounds normal to me, my gimbal motors make a loud screeching sound when I tilt too far to one side or the other

Really??
I have two P3's my buddies Scott and Clay have P3's and I've never heard it.
Four P3's I've been exposed to and I never heard this.

P3Standard. Yes. Theres a thread about this topic on the P3S a few weeks ago. Several people reported theirs doing this.

Mine has done it since day one when I got it. I haven't seen anything adverse because of it, but I have been worried if this was normal or if something was wrong. Just got done flying 15 minutes ago and it was doing it tonight too.

My P4 sounds like yours! But so far I have not had any problem flying.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sound like metal on metal. When you land feel each motor to see if one is hotter than the others.

I have observed this on many tiny brushless motors like these. Seems to be the norm. Just part of the way they sound at certain rpm's.

I have observed this on many tiny brushless motors like these. Seems to be the norm. Just part of the way they sound at certain rpm's.

I see you giving so much advice here I trust your pro opinion. I had hoped that it was something like you described. Thanks for clearing up.

Every drone i have built makes that noise. My 4 ft octo really shrills....i accout that noise to the motors. If i dont hear that shrill im freaking out, landing and checking my motors!Totally normal. All my phantoms made that noise and my inspire makes it too.

Last edited:
Mine makes exactly the same noise on the P4.
I checked to see if the engines were hot.

They all felt the same - Warm but not burning.

So I then flew my P3 Advanced.

It doesn't have this sound and the engines were cooler.

It was the P4's maiden flight so I'll continue to monitor it and let you know.

Cheers

My Phantom 4 produces the same screeching sound. The Phantom 3 does not do it. I'll monitor it. Maybe it will fade away with time.

Markus

Thats seams not like normal sound

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl