P3 Firmware Screaming P3P

Reaction score
I've just tried to update my P3P to V01.11.0020 - it failed. I've successfully updated the firmware before, and followed the notes I used then - formatting SD card prior to start etc.

I tried twice and in both instances, after a couple of minutes of seemingly normal activity (alternating flash red/green light on gimbal, SD card access noise etc) the craft makes a horrible constant screaming sound, the
gimble's LED goes solid red as does the pairing LED, the front LEDs are solid red, rear LEDs are both flashing yellow. This continues for several minutes and only stops when I de-power drone.

Should I just leave it to scream away like that?? Any advice would be much appreciated - I need to fly it on a boys trip in a few days.

In between attempts, I successfully updated the RC controller.

Matthew
NZ

BTW, I'm pretty over the troublesome firmware update process - almost everytime I fly the craft it says it needs an update...and the update process itself is horrid.

If the light on the gimbal is solid red it means the update has failed, try reformatting sd card and try again.

If the light on the gimbal is solid red it means the update has failed, try reformatting sd card and try again.

Thanks Alan. I just checked the .txt file and the first line states "Rsult:Sucess" - although all the dates listed below that are incorrect - should they not refer to the date of the last update - i.e. 2017.mm.dd? The DJI Go app says ''Overall Status : Normal (Latest Firmware)".

Anyway, the controller and the craft refuse to connect - have tried powering all 3 (craft, controller, iPhone) off then re-powering (with craft last) - still no connection. Also tried small 'connect' button that sits on VPS module - still no connect.

I might try to format the SD and try again - I use a Mac and understand I need to format the SD in the FAT format. Do you know if Disk Utility should format the card as 'MS-DOS(FAT)' or 'ExFAT'?

Just an update - I got the P3P to pair with the RC (which was the issue that presented itself after my attempt to update the firmware on the craft, as described above) by doing this :

On the DJIGo app on the iPhone, there’s an option to ‘Link RC’ - I think it only appears when the craft isn’t linked to the RC. I think it’s in ‘Remote Controller Settings’ screen and is called “Link RC’. Basically you select this option, then a countdown begins and the RC starts searching for the drone. While this is happening, press the small recessed ‘pairing’ button on the starboard side of craft, just aft of the THREE small ventilation slots. Once I did this, the craft and RC paired - and all seems well, although I'm not sure if the firmware HAS been updated (in the 'Aircraft Status' screen it says "Overall Status : Normal (Latest Firmware)' however when I click on that entry, it takes me to a screen entitled 'Overall Status' which is completely black....anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl