Saving my friend's cheap quad over water in tree with my P3P

Lol thats great. 4.13 for the 'money shot' if your the real you tube generation. Nice save.

While i was on the edge of my seat..(good job!) i want to share that ive tried this same thing with 2 different cheap quad rescues and its not going to go this smooth 95 percent of the time! Resulted in getting them down with poles & 40' ladders both times they were wedged in super tight, the phantom had it got hooked would have got stuck pulling until the battery ended. To others thinking this is the answer. Think harder!that being said i loved yer video and your success story. Nice flyin!

nice flying.
could have lost both though.

Good job ! This is only possible with a good video connection with literally no latency and honed piloting skills. Excellent!

I would be worried that the rescue quad could get the hook wedged in the tree than it too would be lost to the tree people!

It would be nice, if we had some kind of auxiliary release that could be triggered from the controller, just in case. Of course, that has nothing to do with a flying camera platform, the original intend of the Phantom series.
Perhaps DJI could create a "phantom accessory quad". No gimbal, basic camera on a swivel, no comtroller, batteries or charger, just a basic body with simple camera.
In cases like these, we could switch to our auxiliary drone for the rescue mission, using our pro batteries and the pro controller.
This would also be the perfect training vehicle to hone piloting skills. DlI should have almost all components they need and just have to design the camera swivel (with the release hook) and a simple low res (max1080) camera.
They should be able to pull this off for perhaps $299 retail and it would be a great add-on to the product line and again a first as a flying training and rescue quad, specifically for the Phantom 3/inspire line.....

AWESOME flying and rescue!! We're you using goggles? Almost looked like it towards the end of the vid. And no prop guards! Crazy good!

AWESOME flying and rescue!! We're you using goggles? Almost looked like it towards the end of the vid. And no prop guards! Crazy good!

Thanks,
No goggles just sitting on that dock with iphone 6 Plus. Yeah might of been useful in this case, Wondering if the carbon fiber reinforced blades helped me here at all :)

Thanks,
No goggles just sitting on that dock with iphone 6 Plus. Yeah might of been useful in this case, Wondering if the carbon fiber reinforced blades helped me here at all :)
I'm guessing the carbonblade may be able to clip a branch a tad easier but but no doubt this rescue was made possible due to the 15 plus satellites & the lightbridge fpv.... This type of rescue is almost impossible with p2! The hover is not stable enough & the video to pixeled. And as i stated earlier some decent &lucky piloting!

that was a amazing well done mate, i tried to rescue the neighbours cat from the tree the other day unfortunately it didnt end in the same result my P3 was ok, same cant be said about the cat!!:eek:

Good save! I'm wondering what would have been your backup plan should the hook get caught in the branches and you were unable to dislodge it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl