Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

save photos and videos on ipad

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Jeffin916, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Jeffin916

okay so I am doing a aerial shoot for a client and I was wondering how I can get the photos and videos to be saved on my iPad. I can see them when I go to photos in the DJI app but is there a way to have them stored on my iPad? Thanks in advance

Julian_Alexander likes this.
  2. Kman

Under Albums, select one of the photos and click share. Make sure "Save to Camera Roll" is toggled on.

Jeffin916 likes this.
  3. phantomnoobpilot

but videos take forever to transfer over wirelessly though

Jeffin916 likes this.
  4. Horton

You have to manually select which media you want to copy over? No way of doing it automatically?

Jeffin916 likes this.
  5. Kman

It's a two step process. First you have to have the controller and P3 on. Send the photos and video over the wireless connection. This saves it to your Albums on the app. From there you can save it to your Camera Roll.

I don't recommend doing it this way. I just pull the memory card out of the P3 and put it on my computer.

Horton likes this.
  6. Banjo

On P3P Under "General Settings" set " Video Cache" to Recording . When recording videos, DJI Pilot will cache videos to the IPad. Use Director to modify or delete . Works for me ......

Jeffin916 likes this.
  7. 2nd2non

Yea but resolution is 720p at best and gets noisy as signal strength decreases due to distance.

8. J Smith

No videos I have taken ever show up in Director, even when I wireless transfer them to the ipad, I can play them on the IPAD, but they don't show up in director. and a 15 second video takes 2 minutes or more to transfer, so not sure it would do me any good, I wouldn't mind having Director as another "tool" I could use for editing, but my other software is windows, so it probably slows workflow to much to try to use director.

9. leekiya

You can download them from craft to iPad with the craft powered on, but this takes a lonnnnng time tho, good for the ten ten thing tho with a new battery. It's full quality tho and does then show up in director.

10. F6Rider

I don't like the director, 10 second clips and limited to the number of clips. Only good for a fast overview of the full video, like a trailer. But I like the trailers you can make in iMovie much better, looks very professional, although you have the same limits you have many more options.

11. olayinka

my video images ( moving pictures) a when i watch them on my PC. but it is OK when i watch it directly on the DJI go app on ipad air 2