Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

samsung

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Walter Smith, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Walter Smith

Can anyone tell me if samsung tab a is a good choice

2. John Locke

I couldn't get the Tab A to work right, but that was 8mos ago, back before the Go App was released, etc. I can tell you the iPad Mini4 is the best in that size. I'm an android guy myself, and I'm not an iPad fan, but for droning with DJI Go, it's the best IMO. Don't get the iPad Mini2 or Mini3. Although those do work OK in general (I've used those too), on days hotter than 90F it will overheat and video starts dropping out.

3. Stroker

I'm using the samsumg A tap and although I'm a new pilot, I have no problems with it at all. Although I am unable to view 4k video on it, so I have to shoot in a lower resolution

4. Cuong44

my experience, flagship samsung phone, galaxy note 5.
    still lag while flying.
    apple devices seems free lag.

5. CRCs Reality

Just my own 2 cents.. The Galaxy Tab 4 7" I tried couldn't keep up, it lagged badly and has very glitchy video.
    However, it was also on sale for $129.. So obviously it's not a flagship model.
    My Galaxy S5 does great, but the screen is a bit small, so I returned the Tab 4 and paid a bit extra for the Nvidia Shield K1, which is awesome.

6. Arcticm39

To the guy with the Note 5... Samsung Note 3 here and absolutely lag free. Wish the display was brighter so I don't have to use hood.

7. NepenthesLucas

I use the tab 4... a little slow cus of all the apps I have but it's awesome

8. Kentrol72

I just bought a 8" Galaxy Tab A on 2/28/16 for $199. Works great for me, no lag or glitches so far. My Galaxy Note 4 works flawlessly as well, but the 8" screen of the Tab A blows it away lol

scootrkitz likes this.
  9. Msvet

I have Samsung Tab S2 and it works fantastic. Plays 4k video perfect. Super bright screen when cranked up in daylight with a Hoodman sun shade.
    Hoodmanusa.com is the web site

10. mrcrane2u

Galaxy Note 4 10.1 no problem other then a tad big for holder have holder extension on the way