Samsung galaxy tablet?

I got mine to work. First, you should dedicate the tab to just flying the drone. Second, remove all the "bloatware" apps you can. I stopped and disabled Samsung push notifications and other apps in settings too. Finally, I put the tab into developer mode (google that... It is really easy). Once turned on, I enabled USB debugging. Finally, when connecting your tab to the remote to fly, put it in Airplane Mode. That will keep the 2.4ghz signal from causing any trouble with your controller's 2.4ghz signal.

Note: When the "disconnect" was going on, that was only the FPV camera. Your controls still work and you can fly it simi-manually (GPS stabilization still works) and RTH still works.

Good luck... If you can get it to work, it will save you money on buying a more expensive tablet. Also note: the IPADs without cellular connect ability do *not* have GPS enabled. That alone is expensive. Finally, DJI didn't include an Apple cable with my P4P but an android one. WEIRD!
Thanks boatner, will certainly give that a try better off to loose android than phantom.:)

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab E and have no problems. It is dedicated to my drone flights. I use an app called ShutApp before my flights just to make sure no other apps are running in the background. There are usually no apps running unless I open them. It works like a charm.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab E and have no problems. It is dedicated to my drone flights. I use an app called ShutApp before my flights just to make sure no other apps are running in the background. There are usually no apps running unless I open them. It works like a charm.
Just started using (package disabler) cost couple of bucks ausie so see how that goes will try bird morrow. Must admit tablet started quicker

There are a lot of apps named "ShutApp" in Google Play. Which one do you use?

I have the samsI upgradng galaxy s and have had no problems with it whatsoever
I use the tab a 8". But dont upgrade fro. .26 tab a is not on dji list
Same Samsung tab A 10/1 and Samsung tab A 8",great to look at good size screen,both devices working well,did choose this over iPad, price was bit out there when I first looked at iPad over here,downfall my remote mod and tablet weigh in at 2.2kg so neck strap is needed
I use tab A 8" but dji does not have it listed . My version of the upgrade is .26 and i upgraded via play store. Any version before this doesn't work.screen kept stopping. Best dji doesn't up grade and they won't because dji doesn't see the tab A/8".

I fly a phantom3, 4k and phantom 3,adv and p2 no camera on p2.

I always used an Ipad Mini 3 . No problems until it nagged me into upgradeing from IOS 10.x to 11.2.1
My P3P is unflyable able now due to problems with Wi FI interference and loss of HD picture transmition.
I have three aircraft and three controllers they all react the same so the Ipad is the common factor.
My Ipad is now a £600 door stop. Also you cannot roll back the software.
I do fly with a cheap Galaxy Note 4 where everything works perfectly.
If I buy anything else in the future it will be Android and when presented with updates its "If it aint broke dont fix it."

Why not turn off WiFi when flying if it’s WiFi interference?

I always used an Ipad Mini 3 . No problems until it nagged me into upgradeing from IOS 10.x to 11.2.1
My P3P is unflyable able now due to problems with Wi FI interference and loss of HD picture transmition.
I have three aircraft and three controllers they all react the same so the Ipad is the common factor.
My Ipad is now a £600 door stop. Also you cannot roll back the software.
I do fly with a cheap Galaxy Note 4 where everything works perfectly.
If I buy anything else in the future it will be Android and when presented with updates its "If it aint broke dont fix it."
That's good to know. I have a Mini2 (uses the same A7 CPU as Mini3) with iOS9.1 and it's working fine with my P3P and MavicPro, and I have no intention to upgrade anything for a while. It's FROZEN like ice, nothing changing because it works.

I have a Galaxy S2 10.1 model T810. DJI software never crashes on it. It is a quite powerful model.

However, my LG V20 phone which is DJI approved crashes about once every minute while running Go 4 software. Go figure...

I just upgraded to the Asus Zenpad 3s 10, 9.7". What a beast! Comes with 4G memory, 64G SSD hard drive, 128G MicroSDX card, Android 7, 2 separate CPU's: MTK MT8176 Dual-Core 2.1 GHz +Quad-Core 1.7 GHz , 64bit, GPS and GLONASSky (russian GPS),

And, most importantly, it works well with my P4P controller. That sucker's bright, and there is enough real estate for my fat fingers. It fits into the holder without modifications.

It records itself. Man, it's a techongasm!!!!!!! All that for less than $300.00!!!

I just upgraded to the Asus Zenpad 3s 10, 9.7". What a beast! Comes with 4G memory, 64G SSD hard drive, 128G MicroSDX card, Android 7, 2 separate CPU's: MTK MT8176 Dual-Core 2.1 GHz +Quad-Core 1.7 GHz , 64bit, GPS and GLONASSky (russian GPS),

And, most importantly, it works well with my P4P controller. That sucker's bright, and there is enough real estate for my fat fingers. It fits into the holder without modifications.

It records itself. Man, it's a techongasm!!!!!!! All that for less than $300.00!!!
That sounds great

So, forgive me for the ignorant question here as I haven't had much flight time with my P3 4K since I bought it. For those of you using tablets (as opposed to a mobile phone) how are you achieving internet data? That is, a mobile phone is connected to some sort of LTE/4G/whatever at the same time it's connected to the P3's controller wifi - so it can communicate with the bird as well as the internet for map data. I have a Samsung Tab E at the moment with a data plan but it won't talk to the internet while it's connected to my P3. For those of you with a tablet - do you simply just "not care" or am I missing some setting somewhere? I've tried everything I can think of - to top it off my contract is coming to an end soon so I'm considering upgrading to a different tablet. If a data plan really isn't necessary I'd rather just have a beefy tablet.

So, forgive me for the ignorant question here as I haven't had much flight time with my P3 4K since I bought it. For those of you using tablets (as opposed to a mobile phone) how are you achieving internet data? That is, a mobile phone is connected to some sort of LTE/4G/whatever at the same time it's connected to the P3's controller wifi - so it can communicate with the bird as well as the internet for map data. I have a Samsung Tab E at the moment with a data plan but it won't talk to the internet while it's connected to my P3. For those of you with a tablet - do you simply just "not care" or am I missing some setting somewhere? I've tried everything I can think of - to top it off my contract is coming to an end soon so I'm considering upgrading to a different tablet. If a data plan really isn't necessary I'd rather just have a beefy tablet.
I set up a hot spot on my phone and connect to it with my tablet. This way I get maps but no texts or phone calls since it's not set up for either.

Might check out the new cheap(er) iPads that were announced today....

Last edited:
From my expierence I use DJI GO and litchi on Chinese import phones and all works fine. But oddly enough phones I buy in my own country (England) gives issues lol. But I do know that with 2GB ram minimum, and 1.5GHZ minimum it can fly any of the apps.

I seen a tablet I will get and test. It's 4GB, 1.9GHZ and 10" screen all for £75 brand new. Never been let down by using imported phones to fly so may as well try a tablet

I set up a hot spot on my phone and connect to it with my tablet. This way I get maps but no texts or phone calls since it's not set up for either.

Okay so now I'm confused - how do you connect to the bird's wifi and a hotspot at the same time? I tried bluetooth a while back and it didn't work either.

Okay so now I'm confused - how do you connect to the bird's wifi and a hotspot at the same time? I tried bluetooth a while back and it didn't work either.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I have a P3A so the wifi in the controller/bird and the wifi in the device are 2 separate networks.

I have a P3 4K, in order to control the bird, I have to connect to the bird's wifi. There is no physical connection between remote and tablet. So I can't join two networks at once.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart