Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional samsung galaxy tab 4

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by alistairg, Dec 23, 2015.

1. alistairg

ok I just got this one and when I try to download dji go, I get not compatible with this device.
    can someone give me a idiots guide how to download this please, I'm not familiar with android as I use ios only but wanted a exclusive device for the phantom.
    please help......
    thanks
    ps anyone want to meet up and fly around Orlando area ?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Try installing DJI GO by sideloading it from here.

streetdept and alistairg like this.
  3. alistairg

thank you msinger.. I watched a you tube on how to install the apk app...and bingo I'm up and running.
    did I say you were awesome?
    thank you a ton !

msinger likes this.
  4. Gfr214

I bought the galaxy pro and it said the same thing, so I went to the dji site on the tablet and downloaded it, works just like my s5.

5. Damocleez

I had the same issue. Just downloaded the app to a micro sd card and popped that into the Galaxy Tab 4's slot. I have been able to update directly through the Tab after that from Google apps. So no issues later.

6. streetdept

Thanks very much msinger. Your a life saver. Galaxy tab 4 8.0 up and running.

7. Excavator99

I am using this same tablet, and while flying today the DJI Go app closed on me and when I tried to restart it it would not connect. Luckily I was only a few hundred feet away and brought it back. The only way I could get it to connect again was to shut everything down and restart each one, Tx, p3p, then app. Any suggestions on a setting or issue? I have followed the suggestions on Msingers site, on what apps to close.

8. streetdept

This tab 4 is making me nervous to fly. This morning after finally getting the dji go app installed lastnight, my tablet was completely off, nothing I did would start it back up. Finally after a trip to Best Buy, I was told it needed a hard reboot to start it again. I thought problem solved, but since I've been home its shut down again and I had to reboot it. Trying to decide if I should take this thing back and get a iPad mini 2, or mini 4? Any suggestions