Safe to use different battery with Evolite kit from MaxxUAV?+gripes

Reaction score
I got my evolite plus kit yesterday and it had a few problems. One is that the mount doesn't fit the battery they sent me, if I force it, it will just break the mount. It is thicker and less wide. I filled out the contact form on their website but haven't gotten a response yet. I have a mophie usb battery that is 4000mAh and would fit in the mount, am I safe to use it with the suhans amplifiers?

My other gripe is that it didn't come with caps to fill the antenna holes. If it doesn't come with them the installation video shouldn't suggest that I cut the prong that holds in the antenna and the photo on their website shouldn't have the plugs installed.

Finally I have a suggestion to MaxxUAV: Include the clean install kit in the evolite plus pack or at least show it as a purchase option like you do with installation. If someone is buying your most expensive kit(for the phantom at least), they are going to be willing to pay a little extra to not have to drill into their controller. I know I could have bought it separately, but I didn't know that until I went to view the installation video.

I just heard back from Jake, pretty amazing response time(something like 12 hours). He said my battery was a test unit, but told me to keep it and is sending me the right one via priority mail. He's also sending me the plugs. How a company handles problems is the best indicator of their dedication to their customers.

Thanks!

In this hobby it is the duty of the owner to do a lot of research on any modification to the RC or the AC. when I decided to mod my RC, I researched all the different panels and the COMPANIES that sold them, I opted for maxxuav because of the reputation of Jake. I then looked at the mod and knew for sure that I didn't want any extra holes in the RC and was sure that there should be no reason to drill holes. So I researched a few seconds more and saw the clean install kit! After the mod, the results I was getting were not solid. After a few test flights using the moded RC and the stock RC at the same location and time and sharing the results with Jake, he told me to ship it back(he offered to pay the shipping) and he sent me a new panel and cables. As I write this I still am not%100 sure it was the panel. It could be a simple user issue, by this I mean to say it could have been me not aiming the panel correctly at the AC. I did make sure that I was but any thing is possible. I will know once I install the new cables and the new panel. The point of this long ramble is to say that it is on us to do the research and the fact that Jake has a top notch customer service as of today. Hopefully that will not change as he continues to grow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl