S1 switch vs "Muliple Flight Mode"

Reaction score
As some of you know, I bought my dad a P3S and I'm trying to get it ready for him and teach him how to use it. I have some concerns he might forget to put the S1 toggle on the RC in the forward position before flight. I'm sure he would have trouble if it accidently got moved o ATTI mode at least until he has more experience.

The Go App has a way to disable "Multiple Flight Mode". Which I take it would mean the P3S would always be in P-Mode, correct? However, I don't think this disables the S1 switch on the RC does it? I suppose with Multiple Flight Mode disabled he could still accidently put himself into ATTI mode with S1, correct?

Last edited:
Yep. With multiple flight mode off the switch basically goes to GPS-ATTI-GPS mode. So if he flicks it to the middle, he's still flying manually.

Yep. With multiple flight mode off the switch basically goes to GPS-ATTI-GPS mode. So if he flicks it to the middle, he's still flying manually.
+1 Confirmed.

@stealle , your concern on just this one button, he may forget? :eek:
Meaning you could do a few things that would keep or force the S1 to always be up. But if it looses GPS, he still be in ATTI.

Not really your question, but I think a lot and (What if's)

Yes, there has been some posts where the switch was bumped or forgot, and got them in to trouble.
Loosing GPS, and switched to ATTI, is much more frequent in causing crashes.

Just curious, age of your dad?

My dad just turned 80, holy crap.

Has a 40ft beaver motor home, hauls a 20' ford explorer from Oregon to Palm springs area every winter, still fly's Cessna's up to 182 I think. Holy Crap, not me. :rolleyes:

Rod

Passed Spell checker. :)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl