Runaway 3s

Reaction score
Can anyone please help? I was flying on our local moorland as it offers wide open spaces with no tall obstacles and I am not very confident. As the battery got low it started the RTH feature on its own which I was quite happy about as I wanted to see that it works OK. The height setting was 40m. The drone then came back to the home point but as it was descending it suddenly shot off on its own with no input for about 200m or so, then critical battery warning came on and it then landed, luckily I could just about see the general area where it landed but due to the very rough vegetation, Heather and long grass etc. I couldn't see the exact place. After a search of about an hour in very boggy and rough terrain I was really pleased to finally find it undamaged after much praying!!
Can anyone think of a reason that this happened? I'm very nervous about flying it again.

Can anyone please help? I was flying on our local moorland as it offers wide open spaces with no tall obstacles and I am not very confident. As the battery got low it started the RTH feature on its own which I was quite happy about as I wanted to see that it works OK. The height setting was 40m. The drone then came back to the home point but as it was descending it suddenly shot off on its own with no input for about 200m or so, then critical battery warning came on and it then landed, luckily I could just about see the general area where it landed but due to the very rough vegetation, Heather and long grass etc. I couldn't see the exact place. After a search of about an hour in very boggy and rough terrain I was really pleased to finally find it undamaged after much praying!!
Can anyone think of a reason that this happened? I'm very nervous about flying it again.
I see you mentioned low battery RTH and critical battery landing, but the best way to diagnose the flight is to post the flight log.

Go to this site and follow the instructions. Post a link back here if you want help.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Reactions: rangemaster728
Can't know without seeing the logs.

You always have some degree of control over RTH. You can cancel any time before 10% battery and also control the movement of the drone at any time (to a lesser degree at 10% battery but still control it). So if it's not landing as it should, you should cancel RTH.

Thanks very much for your reply, I've had a look at my flight log now and I've come to the conclusion that it must have been pilot error due to some settings being wrong and me panicking when it was going away from me at speed. I am probably too old for this stress at 69!
Is there a simple way to upload my log to you, I'm using an iPad?
Thanks again,
Tom

Thanks very much for your reply, I've had a look at my flight log now and I've come to the conclusion that it must have been pilot error due to some settings being wrong and me panicking when it was going away from me at speed. I am probably too old for this stress at 69!
Is there a simple way to upload my log to you, I'm using an iPad?
Thanks again,
Tom
My post above has a link to instructions for accessing and uploading your log. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West