Ruined motors- Don't make this mistake!

Reaction score
I was kicking myself for being an idiot but I now know that many people have made this same mistake.
When I installed prop guards I used the longer screws that came with the guards to attach them to the copter.
The other day I decided to fly without the prop guards and after removing them I reinserted the longer screws.
Big mistake! The longer screws went up into the motors and ruined the windings. I have now ordered new motors (say goodbye to $100).
Hopefully I will be airborn again in ten days or so.

Note: If you remove the prop guards, use the original short screws that came with the phantom to secure the motors.

Hopefully, this will help someone avoid a costly mistake.

cruz_ctrl said:
I was kicking myself for being an idiot but I now know that many people have made this same mistake.
When I installed prop guards I used the longer screws that came with the guards to attach them to the copter.
The other day I decided to fly without the prop guards and after removing them I reinserted the longer screws.
Big mistake! The longer screws went up into the motors and ruined the windings. I have now ordered new motors (say goodbye to $100).
Hopefully I will be airborn again in ten days or so.

Note: If you remove the prop guards, use the original short screws that came with the phantom to secure the motors.

Hopefully, this will help someone avoid a costly mistake.
That's an expensive mistake. Noted OP

Big big tip leave the prop guards on so much safer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl