RTH question

Reaction score
I am going to attempt to use RTH for the first time tomorrow. I have one question. If it is coming back to you and you want to disengage RTH when close, I assume it does this in a second or two of pushing the RC button ? and then goes into a hover, awaiting your next command?

Thank you

I read the manual twice and watched every vid I can on the web, including all the DJI vids, and no one seems to say how long does it take to disengage.... is there a delay? that is my only question......

Also searched RTH here, too.

Pretty much right away as soon as you hit the button or hit cancel RTH on the screen...

We have excellent flying weather right now in south Florida while others are freezing...

Agreed, I've had a good flight every day for three days at very low altitude, ready to go little bit higher tomorrow and use RTH.

As posted earlier, make sure you fully understand the features of RTH . It has saved me many times and has to be set up correctly for it to work as intended. Sounds like like you are easing into it which is good, nice wide open spaces so you can clearly see it working. Enjoy!

Received my P4 yesterday and made the first flight today in Oldsmar. Great weather for it.
Tested out a few of the features to include RTH. Cancellation is immediate and instantaneous. Will be back out tomorrow formorefun.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using PhantomPilots mobile app

And one more thing ... If you lose signal it will RTH.... when you hear the bleeps it means it's coming back... BUT... sometimes it stops bleeping as it loses signal again. DON'T WORRY IT DOESNT MEAN THE RTH GOT CANCELLED.

Believe me.... That scared me a few times.. But it then automatically reactivated the RTH again

Neon Euc

The very first time I "tested" the RTG on my P4 I made sure I was in a large open area and at about 75 feet high and about 200 feet out and in sight.

I hit the RTH button and it kind of caught me by surprise when it started to climb immediately before doing anything.

Of course it was on its way to the 200 foot altitude (55m) that I had programmed in before it started to head back to me.

Once overhead it worked exactly as advertised and descended right on down to a landing about 9 inches from where it had lifted off earlier.

RTH works quite well but you have to see it work to convince yourself it will work when you lose the signal.

AD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak