RTH no GPS on tablet

I stand corrected. Thanks. My problem is that when I am using the P2P remote to talk to the aircraft, with the iPad mini simply a display, I am getting a Weak GPS message and follow me won’t work. Does this make sense?
Follow-me flight requires GPS data from the controller tablet to know the location of what it's following.
Weak GPS signal is DJI's way of saying No GPS signal.
If you are using a wifi only iPad, that is why there is no GPS data.

Follow-me flight requires GPS data from the controller tablet to know the location of what it's following.
Weak GPS signal is DJI's way of saying No GPS signal.
If you are using a wifi only iPad, that is why there is no GPS data.
I th8nkmimnow understand (at last!). So the actual,controller does not have GPS built in, and features such as Follow Me are only available via the all on the tablet. Am I correct?

I th8nkmimnow understand (at last!). So the actual,controller does not have GPS built in, and features such as Follow Me are only available via the all on the tablet. Am I correct?
Follow me mode compares the location of the built in GPS of the drone to the location of the tablet or phone's GPS (if available) then maintains a corresponding distance and will follow you. If the device does not have GPS you will NOT be able to activate follow me mode. All other flight functions including RTH will work normally. The aircraft will return to the same spot (within a few feet) that it took off from using its own internal GPS if you activate RTH. Your device (phone or tablet) only needs its own GPS for follow me mode, not for any other flying.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I am getting a Weak GPS message and follow me won’t work. Does this make sense?

Yes, it makes perfect sense.

The weak GPS message means that the GPS receiver in the Phantom does not have good satellite lock.

Follow me won't work because your tablet doesn't have a GPS in it and the Phantom doesn't know where you are

Reactions: 3rdof5
BTW, forget 'follow me' - that's the quickest easiest way for you to lose your Phantom

Reactions: 3rdof5
There's no problem with the Phantom's GPS
It's a total lack of GPS data from the iPad that's the problem.
It is coming together. One final (I promise) question. If I tether my iPad cellular to the controller with the OTG cable, and have GPS activated on the iPad, will it work? Or do I need to be using the iPad wi-fi to connect to the aircraft rather than the controller wi-fi?

It is coming together. One final (I promise) question. If I tether my iPad cellular to the controller with the OTG cable, and have GPS activated on the iPad, will it work? Or do I need to be using the iPad wi-fi to connect to the aircraft rather than the controller wi-fi?
The P3 Pro does not require wifi to connect to anything. You can turn the wifi off and connect via the cable.

Reactions: umanbean

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT