RTH button felt inside the remote

I've received my Phantom back from support on Wednesday. Everything is fine, and the remote has been replaced by a used gl300b. That is ok for me… at least the RTH button is not broken. They have totally replaced my gimbal and the camera, because they said there was a problem with the pitch axis (never noticed).
So I'm back in the air.

So my total time for support was :
  1. Start the support process and get the RMA with shipping label : 1 week (They were close during the holidays and I've open the support ticket on December 31st)
  2. Shipping time by Fedex Ground to send the unit to the support : 2 weeks
  3. Support for reparation : 9 days
  4. Shipping time by Fedex Express to send me back the unit : 2 days
Conclusion, I'm very happy about DJI support service, thanks to them.

My remote is currently on it's way to DJI to fix the exact same issue. FedEx tracking says it should arrive at their repair facility tomorrow. How could you tell the remote was used? The remote I sent in was in pristine condition other then the detached RTH button, so I hope they don't replace it with a used one that's been scuffed up or whatnot.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have to admit... I have only used RTH once... but man - this seems like a fairly common issue :( sorry for your struggles!

My remote is currently on it's way to DJI to fix the exact same issue. FedEx tracking says it should arrive at their repair facility tomorrow. How could you tell the remote was used? The remote I sent in was in pristine condition other then the detached RTH button, so I hope they don't replace it with a used one that's been scuffed up or whatnot.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The replaced remote was not brand new because the rubber pads on the back were a little dirty. Not too much but like mine was. And the serial number is different.

Pressed my home button today and herd a slight snapping sound. It's not fell right in side but it's definitely broken at one side. Really don't want to send it away again. Is it an easy fix?

Pressed my home button today and herd a slight snapping sound. It's not fell right in side but it's definitely broken at one side. Really don't want to send it away again. Is it an easy fix?
I know you won't like my answer, but return your remote to DJI support. You won't have your quad for some weeks but it worth it. The loosen button inside the remote can damage a circuit inside the remote and you don't want that.
At least it's my opinion.
Good luck.

You'll have to open the remote controller to check out the damage. Depending on how much of the plastic has broken away around the button, you might be able to repair it with something like Bondic.

Reactions: Enrico P.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl