P3 Firmware Royally screwed up firmware with this newest update

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well my Phantom said it was time for an update. I saw the remote had already downloaded and was ready to upgrade, so I clicked it on my phone to do so. It said it was already at 1.6.0, but was upgrading to 1.6.0 (??). After about 30 minutes of loud beeping, it finished, then said it was ready to upgrade to 1.6.0 (?????).

I clicked it again, then saw I was about to go through all of that again, so I shut it down. BOY that was a mistake.

Now I have a red light on my controller with loud beeping, and a red light on the Phantom 3 Pro. The gimbal is a green light, however. I've even tried re-linking the controller and the drone, but the controller never sees the drone.

I've reformatted the SD card and put the newest software on there as a .BIN file, but the drone never acknowledges it.

I've tried just about everything I can think and can find, and I am completely clueless. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, update: I got the drone updated to 1.9.6 now, but I cannot get the controller to respond properly at all.

It constantly blinks red and beeps very loudly, and when I try to link to the drone it does not respond. When I connect via USB it does not respond. When I connect the micro SD directly to the controller, it still does not respond.

Going through the app it says there's an upgrade to do, but it just keeps failing.

Last edited:
Problem resolved. Explained for anyone else experiencing similar issues:

Found out I could reset my controller by turning it on while holding C1, C2, Video Record, and Iso dial buttons all in (yes the ISO dial is also a button).

Once I turned it on, the LED status light was white. I then updated to the newest controller firmware (and it took much longer this time, over 30 minutes).

Updated correctly, and the controller/drone were automatically reconnected and ready to fly!

Phew this has been a fun experience -- hope this helps someone else down the road!

Reactions: li2099 and TDKUK
Wish I had known about the 'smoke and mirrors' of DJI ownership! YouTube made it seem worth all that hard earned money! What a crock of $|1t? Almost worse than apple! Well done for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Still getting that text file that it is the same or older version when I plug in the usb flash drive :(

im having a similar problem after firmware update, on the iphone it says update failed and the drone just constantly beeps, nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

im having a similar problem after firmware update, on the iphone it says update failed and the drone just constantly beeps, nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.
for some reason this time when i tried the update again, it worked. the beeping was annoying but it eventually stopped beeping and connected.

Reactions: TDKUK

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl