rotors will not engage

Reaction score
Hey, I recently bought a FPV Factory Mariner, but I cannot get it to engage. I know, its not actually a DJI quadcopter, but it uses a NAZA flight system, and the controls and LED codes are identical to a DJI Phantom so I was hoping you all could help me out (the only difference between the phantom and the mariner is that the mariner is in a waterproof shell).

Here is whats going on. I turn on the transmitter, then the plug in the battery. The mariner makes its happy trumpeting sound, then goes through its warm up lights, finds a GPS signal, then sits there steadily blinking a green light, waiting for me to activate the props, but, when I do the unlock step, the props don't engage (I have read the manual multiple times, and watched multiple videos of these things being unlocked, so I am 100% certain that I doing that correctly). I was able to calibrate the compass (again, same procedure as on the phantom), and whenever I move the sticks away from the center, the green light blinks twice rapidly, so the transmitter and quadcopter are communicating with each other. Any guesses about why this is happening and how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. the transmitter is a Devo 7 that should have been set up for this quadcopter at the factory.

Have you connected he NAZA to the PC and calibrated the sticks in the Assistant software? If not, they might be registering the full range of motion and can't detect you're doing the CSC stick positions for starting the motors.

If the calibration has been done and it's still not working, make sure you hold the sticks in the CSC positions for a second or three, mine take that long sometimes before the motors respond.

Also, I'll pop this thread over to our non-Phantom section for all other DJI-enabled rigs ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl