Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Robotic or Pilot Flying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Schulze, May 20, 2016.

1. Paul Schulze

Feb 23, 2016
    Technology seems to be taking us more and more into hands-off flying. Putting aside the status of owning the best drone in your backyard or at the dog park, what do you want in a drone? Think of where you can and do fly as you answer.

1) A drone which is expensive and nearly robotic which soon becomes boring unless your job has demands? Why?

2) A drone which is moderately expensive, has adequate safety and programming features but requires a live Pilot? Why?

3) A low cost drone with maybe a good RTH function? Why?

Survey of what and why.

I'll start by saying cost was not an issue. I have lots of open spaces and chose a P3S as in it I see the best melding between technology and a pilot. I can easily operate everything at 1000m. A 4K camera might have been better than a 2.7K, but I fly only for sport.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
  2. mikesmiley

Apr 3, 2016
    Both. All of the above. I very much love flying my copter, but there's also something to be said for programming precise waypoint missions well beyond the range of my remote.
    kevinm likes this.
  3. landed

Jan 13, 2015
    I never got a reply on this as I asked before how I can get auto flight in my p2 ? I don't understand the dji light bridge product to the degree I don't want to buy it. Surely there are 3rd party solutions ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app