Reverse upwards shot name?

Reaction score
Hi

I asked on several Facebook Phantom pages what the name of the shot is where you have the drone pointing towards yourself and you reverse and fly upwards away from you at an angle with the camera pointing towards you? As you can see I got several different replies. It obviously is a technique as you are using both movement controllers at the same time and wanted to look into it more. As you can see I got several different replies.

Dronie

Selfie

Selfie away

Drone Selfie

Cinematic Takeoff

Reveal Selfie

Traversing

Crane Shot

Rise and reverse away

Reverse Crane Shot

Fly Away

Reverse Reveal

Reverse Truck

Truck out

So does anyone have the correct answer?

Thanks

Got to be more answers than that? Has anyone got links to anything specific?

Thanks for reply

Why is it so important you know?

There might not even be a proper name for it.

I think the reason you got so many different answers is because there is no specific name for it.

All the descriotions you have listed suffice to identify the take you are referring to. What are you struggling with? It is not uncommon to have multiple means of describing a thing or event. To think there might only be one correct description is ridiculous. Reveal selfie seems the most precise description in this case.

Is there a way to use active track or one of the other flight modes to achieve this shot?

The shot you described "can" be called several things. I can't remember the exact one a company I flew for last year used but I've used and heard of all of these while doing work:

Rise and reverse away

Reverse Crane Shot

Fly Away

Reverse Reveal

Reverse Truck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member