Best Technique / Steps for P4 Video Settings for widely varying scenes?

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows of a good set of instruction on setting the P4 up for a video shoot when it's a location that the scene lighting is going to vary. Such as exterior Real Estate when some scenes you might be flying toward the sun, and other's away from it.

I've got various ND filters. It would seem to to me you need to change the settings for each major different angle. This is problematic if you are doing fly arounds and pan and fly by type shots. Is the best technique to try to point the camera at what you think is the "average" scene, and make sure it's not overexposed. This means some shots the sky will be overexposed though. I guess maybe it has to be a combination of breaking the shots up when possible and changing the settings for each shot when it makes sense. Otherwise on a widely changing shot, so you point toward the part of the scene with the most contrast/brightness and make sure it's not overexposed and just risk having severely underexposed parts of the scene?

Someone must have done some sort of good instruction video on these challenging situations?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.