Return to home works, but 180 turn?

Reaction score
I'm worried that my last crash messed something up. (see my thread about crash/lost/found...)

Everything appears to be working and even return to home works.. But in testing, the phantom does a 180 turn before coming back. Is this normal? I thought in the past it came back facing the same direction as it was previously in?

Re: Return to home works, but 180 turn?

I guess I never really checked mine but in all honesty, I couldn't care less which way it was facing so long as it came back to me in a pinch.
It would make sense to me that it would prefer forward flight but that's my analogue brain adding rationale.

I'm pretty sure mine turns around when it fly's home

Naza-M Manual said:
2. During go-home the nose direction of the aircraft is facing toward the home-point, the aircraft is
flying directly from the current position to the home-point.

I think this is a change in 4.0 that's not listed in the release notes.

It does always turn towards home before returning, with v4.0 I thought I saw somewhere this can be changed but cant find that atm. I have gone to failsafe a few times pushing radio range a bit in FPV so this lets me see what it does as my video link is much stronger then the stock toy radio. If you lose radio range it will first stop in place with a GPS hover, then slowly rise if its below the rth altitude then turn for home and start heading back.

mroberts said:
Naza-M Manual said:
2. During go-home the nose direction of the aircraft is facing toward the home-point, the aircraft is
flying directly from the current position to the home-point.

I think this is a change in 4.0 that's not listed in the release notes.

I'm on 3.14

Im pretty sure it has turned nose to home since at least 3.14 if not earlier when in RTH mode. There was a note somewhere saying that you could change this with v4.0 firmware but I think you may need the groundstation and bluetooth for that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl