Replacing GPS Unit - any issues?

Reaction score
I have been having the problem of losing GPS when I turn my video on. Talked to my vendor and they sent me a new GPS unit, which just came a few minutes ago. Are there any issues I need to be concerned about in replacing it?

15462349632_4a846bd46f_z_d.jpg

Just be careful not to destroy the shielding, and orient the module identically to the original. The adhesive-backed shielding will lift easier if you warm it with a blow dryer. You won't need to completely remove the shielding. Begin lifting the corners near where the cable exits. When replacing, keep as much of the connector wire under the shielding as possible. This will reduce interference from the Wi-Fi module.

I had this same issue, I would lose about 60-75% of my satellites the moment I started recording. Another V+ I had, had no issues while recording. Swapped the GPS between units to see if it fixed it to no avail. Swapped the Wifi module between units and it also made no difference. You may have better luck then me but it was something else interfering. I also did the tin foil mod during these swaps.

The GPS unit can only be mounted one way because of the orientation of the screw mounting points.. While you are installing the GPS unit you can do the mini GPS mod by running the cable that goes to the main board under the insulation.

My question is... Is the GPS module for the vision Plus the same as all the other Phantoms.
On the original Phantoms the Compass cable connects to the GPS module, on the Vision Plus it connects directly to the mother board. In the picture supplied in the first post the 4 pin cable compass connecter is still on the GPS board.

kirbinster said:
The box says it is for a Phantom 2 Vision, does not say anything about "Plus" but there is definitely a "2" in there.

The P2V+ GPS Module dont have the compass connector, witch this one have.

Well finally worked it out with dealer that it was the wrong unit. They had me send them the entire bird and they sent me an entirely new one. Once it stops raining I'll try her out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl