replacement radio for fc40 5.8ghz

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Lost my fc40 radio, dont know how it vanished but cant find it........mine is the 5.8 ghz radio and they seem very expensive. I've seen a vision radio on ebay and would like to know will that work the fc40? I've seen one on line which is an ok price but cant contact them until Monday so dont know if this is 5.8ghz and i would like to bid on the vision radio on ebay if I knew this one did not work.

Is there an alternative radio that any of you guys would recommend that I wont have to sell one of the kids for? Given that i need a new radio should I be looking at changing to a 2.4ghz and doing any upgrades now? I use a gimbal and gopro hero 3 black, not worried about the wifi bit as i dont use it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Link for the new one I've seen but not sure if its 5.8 ghz

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/spares-finder ... itter.html

Thanks

Hi

Only an ******* would think like that. Dont know why I'm bothering but here's a pic of my phantom and one with the box beside the computer, date clearly visible on the screen. Btw if you're ever in Belfast lets meet up.....

Just bought a radio on ebay 5 mins ago.

Attachments

• phantom.JPG
    phantom.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 572
  • box.JPG
    box.JPG
    472.1 KB · Views: 524
Whos laughing??

Joe, I think that Rcgeeks radio is a 2.4ghz , in fact im pretty much 99% sure. They should give a bit more info I agree.

Hope you sort the radio issue out. You will need to pair up the radio with your receiver in the phantom. Just press the micro switch on the receiver board in the Phantom for a number off seconds and turn the transmitter on. Should then link up.

if thats a phantom 2 transmitter its 2.4Ghz not 5.8

helipal has 5.8ghz transmitters for $70US

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I agree with FC40pilot its most likely a 2.4ghz so went ahead and bought the ebay one which is a vision radio with an upgraded panel antennae for £67, I asked the guy before I made a bid if it would work and he thinks so. It is a 5.8 ghz on the fc40 i have as it comes with a camera which works on 2.4ghz. I've changed that out for a hero black with a gimbal and it works great. I'll need to put in another tilt control on the radio for the gimbal. I've had this phantom at least 6 months and love it but losing the radio is crap....I think its been thrown out by mistake when the wife and kids did a garage clean up a few weeks ago. Next bit of kit I buy will be one of the cases to keep all the stuff together......

I have a vision and FC40 and can confirm the Transmitters are both 5.8ghz and interchangeable. So you should be all good to go.

I've had this phantom at least 6 months and love it but losing the radio is crap....I think its been thrown out by mistake when the wife and kids did a garage clean up a few weeks ago

lol i think its a universal norm that wives will throw away any thing thats not theres when doing a garage clean up and no amount of even jogging there memory will even get them to remember ever doing so or even ever seeing the said item. OR they will put things some ware and never remember ware they put it.

Unless its some thing of there's...... then it never gets thrown out or if its put some ware they never forget were they put it. EVER.
esp clothing or any of there 100s of pairs of shoes they all seem to have. lol lol

Joe. Was that the tx that was customised with the digital battery meter on the front? Also had a switch bottom right which I assume was switching between tx power modes.

That's the one. I seen the switch bottom right but honestly don't know what it's for. I think it's good enough value and hope it works :)
Looking forward to getting out again with the good weather we're having.

That's a proper blinged out controller lol. Even I was tempted. Congrats on that. Looks like a lot of hard work went into customising it. Could be a rocket launcher switch knowing this one lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12