Replaced P3P Motherboard - Still ESC Error :(

Reaction score
Hi - I've spent hours on all the helpful threads researching any problems but am at a dead end so hoping for your help! Quick overview of the pass 2 months...

1) Crashed drone (my fault)
2) Replaced burnt out motor and shell (motor was black, shell warped due to heat of motor)
3) Rest of motors appear and feel fine when spun with hand. Put back together and got an ESC error.
4) Updated controller and craft firmware, calibrated compass, calibrated IMU -> still getting ESC error
5) Researched, confirmed correct part (Part 96), ordered, and replaced Motherboard.
6) Updated controller and craft firmware, calibrated compass, calibrated IMU -> still getting ESC error

I'm at a loss for what to do next. Any guidance appreciated! Thank you, JT

You have one or more bad motors. You are getting an ESC error because the ESC is sending a signal to the motor but the motor is not responding or is shorted (most likely). I have had this happen on one of the quads I built. The motor looked and smelled fine, not burnt. But it was bad. Trade the motors out one by one to find the bad one or just replace them all.

I'd say replace all the motors don't just change out the one u think was bad

Hi - I've spent hours on all the helpful threads researching any problems but am at a dead end so hoping for your help! Quick overview of the pass 2 months...

1) Crashed drone (my fault)
2) Replaced burnt out motor and shell (motor was black, shell warped due to heat of motor)
3) Rest of motors appear and feel fine when spun with hand. Put back together and got an ESC error.
4) Updated controller and craft firmware, calibrated compass, calibrated IMU -> still getting ESC error
5) Researched, confirmed correct part (Part 96), ordered, and replaced Motherboard.
6) Updated controller and craft firmware, calibrated compass, calibrated IMU -> still getting ESC error

I'm at a loss for what to do next. Any guidance appreciated! Thank you, JT
After losing 2 months of flying time with your Phantom, wouldn't it make more sense at this point just to replace it with another and just either sell or save your existing P3 for a later project or for parts? If you have another to fly then it's perhaps different however, if you're being held up due to the aforementioned, then I would just replace it. There are some great deals out there, almost too good for many of to pass up buying a spare for times like this.

After losing 2 months of flying time with your Phantom, wouldn't it make more sense at this point just to replace it with another and just either sell or save your existing P3 for a later project or for parts? If you have another to fly then it's perhaps different however, if you're being held up due to the aforementioned, then I would just replace it. There are some great deals out there, almost too good for many of to pass up buying a spare for times like this.

Because I'm this far in!

Sometimes you will get a ESC error if the FW version on the board is a mismatch to the rest of the components such as lightbridge, camera and transmitter. It reports esc error and can be misleading. not saying this is the case in your scenario but it has happened to me

Sometimes you will get a ESC error if the FW version on the board is a mismatch to the rest of the components such as lightbridge, camera and transmitter. It reports esc error and can be misleading. not saying this is the case in your scenario but it has happened to me

How did you fix this? Thanks in advance

How did you fix this? Thanks in advance

You need to update the firmware of the aircraft and RC controller so they match - possibly to the latest version you are happy with

Stab in the dark...

Anyone know what meter readings to look for on leads to a motor? that might help identify another bad one before you tear it all down....but I must confess I'd have to do some digging to figure out what kind of resistance, etc, to look for, other than connection between wires that shouldn't be connected (short).

..and if you don't have a meter, go hit up harbor freight or (if you must) radio shack. They're cheap and there's always a reason to have one around

Reactions: jtuttleatl5

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl