Replace USB port...Unable to connect to computer

Reaction score
I just finished replacing the shell of the P2. Was extra careful. Took my time. Took photos along the way. Put everything back together as it was. Pretty sure.

(Long story why, word of advice, do not use Loctite on Phantom screws.)

I can fly, no problem. Everything seems to work, except...

Prior to replacing the shell, my H3-3D gimbal was acting funny. Vibrating and losing it's hold intermittently.

(I was trying to uninstall it and check for loose screws when the Loctite problem forced my hand.)

Now that everything is reassembled, before even doing a test flight, I thought it would be good to connect and run some calibrations.

Since reassembling though, I cannot get either my Mac or my Windows laptop to recognize the P2. "Skip" never goes away.

I opened the case back up, assuming I had not reinstalled the micro USB port correctly, but it looked fine. I took the two screws out of the port and connected the USB cable directly to it. Now, occasionally, I will get a connection. Got one long enough to reinstall the Windows driver and the new firmware. But the connection is very sporadic and isn't lasting long enough for my to calibrate X1. And the gimbal will not reliably tilt anymore and is stuck between 45-90 deg looking down.

So. My questions are...

Can anyone think of what I might've screwed up?

The cord that runs from the MC to the USB port, along with the connections at both ends, looks fine. It's plugged in to the MC under the AETR labels.

And, if it is the port, somehow damaged in my maneuvers, can I buy just this part (micro USB port and 4-wire cable running to the MC connector_? I have not been able to find it online.

Thanks!

My USB connector got broken accidentally during a calibration when my Surface Pro slipped. I removed the assembly, hoping I might repair it. No go. I bought a new phantom so that I could use it as a model to guide me to how the connections are made because I wasn't careful enough to take photos or document the where I unplugged the USB cable from.

I just ohm'd find a connector I can solder to the cable with a USB cable connected to the port on the phantom. I was figuring I might butcher up a USB cable & out a connector on it that would plug into the AETR socket on the phantom computer block. I thought I'd just leave it hang out the hold where the original came from.

It would be wonderful if you could post the part number for the USB calibration assembly you bought from Helipal. Now I'm having trouble finding the broken USB connector, attached cable & screws. Did mounting screws come with the USB kit?

Thank you for the link. I just ordered one. Helipal was out of stock and didn't know when they would get one in. I was about to build a makeshift one but now I won't need to.

The cable that coms with the P2 sucks. I have a Nokia cable that is much easier to plug in and higher quality.
Check that.

I personally think they made a mistake by choosing the Micro USB connector. The Mini USB connector is about the same size but it's a much better connector.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT