Replace camera on P2 V+..? NO FPV NEEDED

max

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for some guidance. I am interested in switching the stock camera from my vision 2+ to a Sony RX100 and/or gopro. I want to do this to get better stills (rx100) and video(gopro 4) *on occasion*. I want to be ably to easily go back to the stock setup. My understanding is I can simply unplug the stock camera and remove the bottom plate at the dampers. Correct?

So then can I install a gimbal to stabalize the gopro or camera? Obviously the gimbal needs power.. how does this work? Does it need gyro info from somewhere or is that built into the gimbal? Obviously still new to this.

Also I probably don't need stabilization with the rx100 if I just set high shutter speed. And its built in video stabilization might be good for video . So I've been looking for a mount that simply has a tripod screw and adjustable tilt (mechanical, unpowered). Is there anything out there like this, or will I need to build my own.
Thanks for any help, appreciate it.

I just have produced a prototype of up/down tilt angle control gimbal for Phantom 2 and Sony RX100 camera. Does anybody knows how to connect three wires from servo motor to Phantom 2.

You can see the picture here:
http://blog.serbia-photo.com

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl